V-22 Osprey

Started by rickshaw, March 10, 2011, 04:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

Does anybody know of any accessories in resin or PE which are available for the V-22?   I just picked up a Hobbycraft one and its awfully bare inside.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

ChrisF

Funnily enough i have a similar problem.. I have the 1:72 italieri one in my stash but cant find ANYTHING for it... Resin, brass nothing...

rickshaw

Thats what I've found after considerable searching online.  Nothing.  its really very surprising.

I've been thinking about using Chinook sets.   Don't want much, just cockpit and ramp.   The Hobbycraft one has the ability to fold the props and wing.  Does the Italeri one allow that?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on March 11, 2011, 09:23:55 PM
The Hobbycraft one has the ability to fold the props and wing.  Does the Italeri one allow that?

AFAIK no, but it was a LONG time ago that built mine. I did look at making a 'folded' one from the Hobbycraft version, but to do it properly you'd need to merge the two kits, the Italeri one is loads better from a JMN's point of view.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Kit is right if he's talking about the 1/72 scale one, the Italeri one doesn't feature all the folding. Nacelles rotate and the rear ramp can move though --- (I've got a few of these in the stash   ;D )

It also has a fairly detailed cockpit and the ramp has the basics.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

I just found I still have large chunks of the Hobbycraft one in The Loft! I carved off the landing gear blisters to build my Grumman S-4B Sentinel, but the rest is still there.

Sounds worth while getting an Italeri one and having a go at 'folding' it.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit