WANTED: - Italeri C-130 Hercules canopy

Started by rickshaw, March 08, 2011, 01:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

I just received an Italeri C-130 Hercules in 1/72 scale off of Evilbay.   The bloke who sold it claimed it was 100% complete.  There was no canopy in the box.  :banghead: :banghead:

Does anybody either have one I could buy/swap or know of an after-market C-130 vacuform Hercules canopy?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

I have what I think might be one (not sure 'cos it came to me in a box of misc canopies).

It has a code on it: E139-015 - does that tie up?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

The instructions give it as E86 and the kit number is 015, so it may be it.  I'm after the windscreen, to be more precise.

I've contacted the seller and he appears genuinely apologetic and is checking.  He's also offered to replace it with one from another kit he has, so lets hold off until he replies.  This lad couldn't organise a chook raffle in the front bar of a pub.  This transaction has been pretty disastrous from day one.

Weaver

Mine is the whole clear sprue including the windscreen. If he cocks up, it's yours for the cost of postage (which might be significant since it'll need robust packaging).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

RotorheadTX

I've got one stateside from the Testors/Italeri DC-130 issue marked "E 139-140 148"; complete tree, cheek and fuselage windows, the lot.

rickshaw

Good news all.  He sent me a replacement canopy.  So, thanks to everybody with their generous offers of a replacement!  Now I just have to build it (and find somewhere to put it)!  Already a plan though.  ;)

Now, another question, does anybody do a full interior for the cargo bay of the C-130?  Seats, and all?

RotorheadTX

Eduard does a good set of webbed seating for the CH-47, should look right at home in a 130.

rickshaw

Quote from: RotorheadTX on March 19, 2011, 08:15:39 PM
Eduard does a good set of webbed seating for the CH-47, should look right at home in a 130.

Do you know which set it is?

Gondor

This is starting to sound as if all you got what the fuselage sides, the wings, tailplane and engines and not much else  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

RotorheadTX

Quote from: rickshaw on March 19, 2011, 09:43:16 PM
Quote from: RotorheadTX on March 19, 2011, 08:15:39 PM

Do you know which set it is?

72-116 "Bench Seats"  :thumbsup:

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on March 20, 2011, 04:03:40 AM
This is starting to sound as if all you got what the fuselage sides, the wings, tailplane and engines and not much else  :blink:

Gondor

I reckon all he's really got is the box: he's trying to blag the whole kit in Johnny Cash, one-piece-at-a-time style... ;D

- Indiana Jones

JayBee

Oh good I can give a '56 Lancaster starboard wing :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Weaver

Hey, I've got a '65 Aurora Crusader port wing to go with that!  ;)

- Indiana Jones

Gondor

I can donate a pair of Engines, cowling's and props from the old, and I really mean old, Revell FW 200C Condor

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

RotorheadTX

Hey! Don't knock those Condor cowlings - they're a sight better than the Bramos on the Matchbox He-115.

And NO you may not ask how I know.  :drink: