A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, March 07, 2011, 12:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Whilst clearing out my 'old' model room, I came upon an unmarked cardboard box, in which were these perfectly preserved examples of my earliest What If projects.... so in the name of nostalgia.... Ladeez an' Gen'lemen, all the way from 2004,

Here's

A South African Hawker Hunter (FROG kit) - Decals from the Xtradecal TSR2 sheet, camo scheme is the standard 'Hunter Pattern' but with a few more 'bumps and bulges, colours (I think) are all Humbrol (Mid Stone, Dark Green, Azure Blue).

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

And not forgetting....

The Spanish 'Gina'. Terrific little kit from Matchbox. Paint is Xtracolour this time, all WWII German (RLM) colours 02/79/65. Anybody flown over central Spain will probably testify that any aircraft flying relatively low over that area and wearing these colours would be next to invisible !

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

deathjester

Very nice - clean, simple scheme, very plausible.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Finally, we give you....

A Norwegian Hawker Hunter. Again the FROG kit was beaten into submission and assaulted with Humbrol enamels. All British colours (Light A/c Grey, Barley Grey and Dk Sea Grey) and though it may not seem like it at first glance, that actually is the standard 'Hunter Pattern'; Obviously looks very different if three tones are used.

Thanks as ever for taking the time to look. I'm so pleased with finding these three in such good (perfect) condition that they have already been guaranteed a place in the new display cabinet. As ever any comments, criticism, queries or downright abuse will be warmly welcomed  :mellow:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Mossie

A gathering of Hunters!  Love them all, the Norwegian Hunter's camo is fantastic, Gina is lovely & that SAAF Hunter gives me a good idea of what my P.1083 would look like in that scheme, hmmm.....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

philp

Got to say the Norwegian Hunter just looks so cool in that camo.  Think Iceland would use similar colors. :thumbsup:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

Very slick :wub: :thumbsup: I wish I had all my early models :blink: :banghead:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Captain Canada

Beauty work there, buddy !

My fave is the Norwegian Hunter....now that one just looks right.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

You're all very kind, good job you can't see them 'up-close-and-personal'  ;) - The colours from the Norwegian Hunter may well reappear on something else this year....  :wacko:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Nice to see them again Ian  :thumbsup:

I found some of my oldies the other day - quite a nice little trip down Nostalgia Lane  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.