The end of the line for this aircraft...

Started by matrixone, March 07, 2011, 11:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

This is the finished model of ''blue 12'' W.Nr.500570, this model was built from the 1/32 scale Hasegawa Fw 190D-9 kit.
The Dora ''blue 12'' of JG 6 was flown to Furth Germany in the last hours of the war to escape surrendering to the Russains. This aircraft was scrapped a few days later.

On to the pics...

Matrixone

Gondor

Yet another amazing finished model from you Matrixone.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

matrixone

Thank you Gondor!

I am happy to be finished with this model, I could have easily spent much more time on the weathering of it but decided enough is enough and quite when I was ahead.
The way I add weathering to my models is to do it in stages, I will add some weathering to them and step away for a while and return later and look at the model with fresh eyes before deciding if it needs more weathering. I never try and add all the weathering in one sitting because its really easy to go too far and ruin the model.

Matrixone

Army of One

Well finished model sir,awesome photography as well  :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

matrixone

Thanks Army of One!

Now its time to build a few what-ifs starting with my Ta 283.

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

I really like the green nose  :thumbsup: overall the whole thing looks like the real deal. had to do a few double takes  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Cobra

Super Awesome Work,Matrixone :thumbsup: :thumbsup: makes me a little Jealous that you can do such Top Notch Work! Dan :cheers:

NARSES2

Stunning modelling and photography again  :bow:

One day soon these are going to turn up in a reference book as newly discovered photos  ;D

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks apohpenia, Taiidantomcat, GTX, Codra, and NARSES2!

Taiidantomcat,
The lighter shade of green on the nose was applied in the field possibly to cover repairs from battle damage, the rear of the spinner had some green overspray on it from the repainted cowl and I did the same on my model and it can be seen in a couple of the pics.
Blue 12 had a very active but short combat career, there are a few places on the airframe that show signs of repairs from battle damage and had the paint touched up. I tried to copy all of those areas that were repainted on the full size machine onto the model and it makes for a more interesting looking model.

One of the models that I have underway right now is a 1/48 scale Bf 109 that is being built as an older frontline aircraft that was transfered to one of the fighter schools and suffered a mishap from a student pilot and was groundlooped which caused one of the landing gear legs to collapse, this model will feature a very worn out looking paint job complete with fresh paint on areas that were added to the repairs to the airframe. ;)

Matrixone

Tuck

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

You are a modeling God.  The photography alone is astounding! :blink:
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

matrixone

Thank you Tuck for the more than kind words!

Matrixone