G

Next Project

Started by Geoff_B, May 31, 2004, 02:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

That the only trouble with scratch building as you do one you suddenly think of a way of doing another and the creatuive urge tends to distract you from more urgent current projects !!!!!!!!!!!. (Fortunately got the 1121 & 1154 in the paint shop at the moment so whilst they dry between coats i can work on this new project.

Any ideas yet on what it may be ? (and no MartinH or Wooksta answers as you already know !!!!)

Thor B)  

Martin H

Quote(and no MartinH or Wooksta answers as you already know !!!!)

hmmm cant you read Lee?  :P
Geoff said to keep out of it Lee as we already knew about the beast LOL
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Ollie

Bryan H.

Looks great!  It's always good what kits, etc. go into a what-if model; prior to the paint & decals.

Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

Geoff_B

Yeap Ollie its the Hawker P1129.

As you can see its based on the Heller Mirage IV with a 2cm plug installed in the fwd fuselage and a new radome fitted (from a Tornado F3 actually).

What can't be ssen too well in the photo is the undersides, as the Mirage is not deep enougth for the 1129. Therefore i have built up the lower fuselage to a depth of 4 mm, including space for a recessed bomb and the fwd wheel well. The new belly is then slowly blended into the existing fuselage shape. Also added are a pair of cheeks to the aft fuselage to create the are rule shape.

The wings and tail surfaces will be scratch built and details added, the exhaust knib will need removing and the main U/C bays will need sorting out as they are not intergrated to the wing.

The final version however won't be ready till the Coventry show at the earliest. (And no it won't be cast as Joe already has the 1129 plus the conversion is not too difficult for the braver ones amongst us)

Cheers

Thor B)

nev

*Bows down in awe of Geoffs scratchbuilding skills*

And that fuselage looks kinda TSR2-ish, y'know?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Geoff_B

QuoteI was tempted to use some TSR2 bits if I ever got round to scratching that one, and now I've got the 1121 moulds, I can sort out the tail surfaces.

Just can't quite bring myself to buy a Mirage.

Go On you can do it !!! - You know you want to !!!- LOL :P

As you can see its not too bad a conversion the 2cm Insert aint too bad the belly is a bit of a pain but well within your scope, and you already have a source of wings and tail surfaces to use. Now all we need to do is find a compatiable U/C !!!!

Getting a Mirage IV ain't too bad as we get to cut it up and remodel it as something decent by way of a Hawker 1129 - A must for the What-if/TSR-2 crew.

Now wheres Davey B and his 1125 conversion !!!!!! <_<  

Geoff_B

A quick update on progress so far

Geoff_B

Geoff_B

Just got to tidy up the wing and tail  joins then i can tidy it up a bit more and sort out the U/C and other bits. Trying to decide the colour scheme at the moment, but in favour of the grey/green wraparound.

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

Ollie

Super job Geoff!

I love it!!

:wub:  :wub:  

Bryan H.

:wub: Beautiful!  For markings & color scheme, maybe an overall RAAF foliage green w/ RAAF markings?  

Bryan  :cheers:  

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

Mike Wren

looks amazing Thor, can't wait to see more progress...

nev

I like the cut of her gib  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Lazlo Woodbine

:ph34r:

That looks amazing! can't wait to see the finished article.
"Ladies and gentlemen, England will be playing four-four f&*$£*^g two"

Mike Bassett