Messerschmitt Me-1609

Started by Tophe, March 06, 2011, 02:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Last pleasant kit I (got from my buying in the 1990s and) have to build is the Me-609 (twin-309).
Well, this Me-1609 of mine could be (as usual for me) a sesquiplane glider, but this was not asymmetric enough... I plan to have a starboard engine and port nose post, for prone tourist enjoying the landscape...
The kit seems to have holes in both fuselages for cockpit but a single canopy. I have lost the instruction papers but for a what-ifer like me this is not a problem. I will see.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

From (Evil) Me-609 SchnellBomber to (Goodness) Me-1609 TouristspotExplorer...

Tophe

First drops of glue. Depending on the position of the propellers without undercarriage, I will use or discard the ventral radiators.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on March 06, 2011, 02:10:45 AM
The kit seems to have holes in both fuselages for cockpit but a single canopy. I have lost the instruction papers but for a what-ifer like me this is not a problem. I will see.

Tophe,

I had that kit once, and as I recall it had a blanking plate to fill in the hole in the starboard fuselage. In fact I think you've included it in your last piccie, right at the top, above the fuselage side.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quick build, rather close to completion ;D

Tophe

Tophe

featuring asymmetry rather than the biplane wing:

Tophe