Been Awhile........(DONE!)

Started by Scooterman, March 05, 2011, 08:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterman

..........since anything has left the Scooterworks, so here's a sneak peek, fresh from the paint barn.  Decals soon.

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

GTX

Either way it is looking good.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Captain Canada

Quote from: philp on March 05, 2011, 08:59:07 PM
Pretty,
Canadian or RAF?

I love your way of thinking, Phil !

:wub:

Looking good, bro !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Scooterman

Sorry guys north of the border, but y'already had 707s.  This time the RAF gets to play. 
Can't think of a name, so it's just a Boeing KC.1
Minicraft 1/144, with IFR pods from a VC10 and decals from the box and ALPSed from the 1/72 Matchbox Victor taker.
Sorry for the blur.  Still trying to figure out the new digi.

Scooterman

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

PR19_Kit

That's a smart idea, and I could almost have believed it could have happened too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Eddie M.

Outstanding! We're gonna need bigger tables at the modelshows!! ;D
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

upnorth

I like it!

I suspect they probably would have just called it the 707 regardless of whatever official name came about for it.

The VC-10 was the same name in civil as well as military circles; the Tristar was too.

Officially, it probably would have gotten a moniker like "Seattle" or some such out of respect for it's American origins.

"Seattle K.1" doesn't really roll off the tongue nicely though, does it?
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Weaver

Nicely done!  :thumbsup:

I suspect the RAF would have had the Conway-engined version if any (not sure of the visual differences of if there's a kit).

Other than the VC.10, can anyone think of an RAF type since the 1920s that didn't have a proper name?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on March 12, 2011, 03:33:33 PM

I suspect the RAF would have had the Conway-engined version if any (not sure of the visual differences of if there's a kit).

That would be a -420 I think, with the larger underfin specified by BOAC (at the time) The Conway engines were a tad fatter than the P&Ws, and they have weird multi-tubular silencers too. I think there's a Minicraft version of that aircraft in 1/144, there's certainly a Welsh Models one, and with the aid of some Braz engines you could probably do it in 1/72 using an Aifix or Heller 707 too.

As for 'no names' in the RAF post war I can't think of one. There NEARLY was one of course, our most fave aeroplane here, the TSR2, but they'd have found a name for it for sure.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.