Elaga kits - a new manufacturer!

Started by Weaver, March 04, 2011, 03:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

A new manufacturer from Brazil, apparently, with an interesting 1/48th kit of an EMB-202 Ipanema crop-sprayer/fire-fighter that can run on alternative fuels:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/DCD7260

Always nice to see a new company, and this has to have some whiffing potential too.

Review and some background: http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/civil/previews/0001.htm
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

GTX

Perfect for something like this - the Air Tractor AT-802-U

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

This months SAMI has a review of it. Reviewer enjoyed it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

beowulf

Quote from: Weaver on March 04, 2011, 03:52:26 PM
this has to have some whiffing potential too.

some?...... :lol: :lol: :lol:.....i can see lots of potential, just a shame it is 1/48....not a scale i like

however, i agree that it is very nice to see a new manufacturer entering the market  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Weaver

Quote from: beowulf on March 05, 2011, 03:25:59 AM
Quote from: Weaver on March 04, 2011, 03:52:26 PM
this has to have some whiffing potential too.

some?...... :lol: :lol: :lol:.....i can see lots of potential, just a shame it is 1/48....not a scale i like

however, i agree that it is very nice to see a new manufacturer entering the market  :thumbsup:

Me neither, but then again it's pretty small, so it's not going to eat shelf space, and I'm sure you could do some trading on here to get 1/48th weapons without buying a whole aftermarket pack.

Just to be perverse about it, I could see it with a second cockpit in front of the first one, in place of the chemical hopper. Guy In Front flies it off the ground and lands it, Guy In Back flies it while Guy In Front guides the Nord SS-10 (or a Brazilian "non-copy" thereof) 1st gen ATGWs carried under the wings.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

rickshaw

Be pretty hard pressed to find an SS-11 nowadays.  I suspect they've all either been reduced to parts or expended.  I'd also be wondering why the Brazilians would want to copy one.  First generation ATGWs were notoriously difficult to use.  Anyway, you could pick up a Sagger for a song nowadays and its just the same.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

I didn't mean to set the model in the present day, I meant it as a 1950/1960s project like the Potez 75.

Brazil made the German Cobra 2000 ATGW under licence.

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Awesome. I wish it was 72nd scale myself. Cropdusters rule. If you've ever seen one in action, you'd know why they would easily make an excellent ground pounder !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?