Macchione Me-2025 Aldo

Started by Tophe, March 04, 2011, 09:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Well, my project now is to make a twin from 2 beauties: Macchi Mc202 Folgore and Reggiane Re2005 Saggitario. The couple may be called Macchi-iane 2025.
Or Macchione 2025 Aldo, referring to the famous Italian comic artist Aldo Maccione (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldo_Maccione) that I did adore in the French film "Je suis timide mais je me soigne" (I am shy but I take therapy to cure this). I remember Aldo (top seducer) was saying, with over-pride: "if you are more handsome than me: you die..." For an airplane this does not look appropriate in English as "airplane" is feminine, but it is in French as "avion" (airplane) is masculine... Well, my one will not be a beauty according to your standards, but it may be a very little more beautiful than my other ones, ugly sorry... (I am shy but I take therapy...).
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

It will not be easy to build: the canopy of the 2005 is broken in 3 parts, one of them is lost (I bought these kits in the early 1990s, 1/72 Pegasus and 1/72 Supermodel). But I hope I will succeed in making something out of it.

PR19_Kit

Tophe, you should have done this last year, then you could have entered it in Freightdog's competition as it includes a Pegasus kit.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Here is the genesis of my project Me-2025 (with missing 2005 canopy and avoiding tailplanes going to the sparebox):

Tophe

After much sanding, the next step will be: putty, sanding, repeat, and again... :-\

Kruaxi

Very interesting project.

Salute e Latinum per tutti !
'Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to, above all have FUN'-Al Superczynski-

Tophe

Thanks Kruaxi.
Just painting remains and it's done ;D:

Thiel

Looks awesome.
How about fitting a "wing" (The name escapes me at the moment) between the tails?

Tophe

a scratchbuilt tailplane? difficult for the bad modeller I am, sorry... :-\

Thiel

Don't you have something in your stash?
All your wacky projects should leave quite a few spares behind.

Tophe

Yes, maybe I could truncate a remaining tailplane of something, and install it, hoping not to break the assembly. I am not sure I will. We will see. Thanks.

Tophe

Tophe

Note that the missing canopy of the Reggiane part had introduced the very first bubble-top Re-2005 in the World :blink: ;D
Other angles:

Tophe

Together with the Twin-Speety from http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,31633.0.html
Two uncommon half-bubble twins...

Pablo1965

Well, I also lost this thread, and give me some ideas. Nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: