African Tomcats

Started by Taiidantomcat, February 28, 2011, 08:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

I dont think these plans need any explanation  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Worked on these today  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

JP Vieira

That should be very interesting... any particular scheme chosen?

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: JP Vieira on March 01, 2011, 11:21:36 AM
That should be very interesting... any particular scheme chosen?

Got schemes for all three but I am keeping quiet on them for now  :wacko: Hoping people will guess as i get closer. It will be Two Russian and One South African The rest is classified  :ph34r:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Taiidantomcat

Yay paint!

One is light blue the other light green (though the pics don't do the best job of showing it) The third cockpit is going into storage for another tomcat in the future, I am going to use a spare Hasegawa cockpit for the South African F-14.

Taiidantomcat

Finished the cockpits which is incredibly exciting!!  :party:  now I can finally get going on the conversion!  :wacko:

Daryl J.

Hmmmm......interior blue-green.    :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:     :thumbsup:

Luis Almeida

3 tomcats?
Wow, this will probably became my favorite thread   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:party:

Thiel

Impressive detailing on the cockpits.

Taiidantomcat

Thank you Thiel!! Cockpits are not one of my strong suits but I have been working on it  :thumbsup:

Cliffy B

Cockpits look awesome man!  Those old Revell birds always seem to have excellent cockpits OOB.  Can't tell from the photo but have you done or considered dry brushing the consoles?  Would pop all of that raised detail nicely.

Any hints about the paint schemes or ammo loads yet?  :wacko:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Cliffy B on March 16, 2011, 01:33:00 PM
Cockpits look awesome man!  Those old Revell birds always seem to have excellent cockpits OOB.  Can't tell from the photo but have you done or considered dry brushing the consoles?  Would pop all of that raised detail nicely.

Any hints about the paint schemes or ammo loads yet?  :wacko:

Yeah they are dry brushed, just doesn't show up well in these pics  :thumbsup:... I really want to get the forward fuselages set up before I drop any more hints, so hopefully a few more days

Taiidantomcat

Awww what the hell one of them will painted like this:

Just imagine it with red stars  :cheers:

Have I mentioned Gekko is awesome?

Here is a Hasegawa cockpit I plan on using on the SAAF Revell Tomcat... Fit is tricky to non existent so additional styrene and cutting was required

Cliffy B

That is going to be BEAST!!!!!  Can't wait until you unveil the rest  :thumbsup:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Gekko_1

Taiidantomcat

I will tell you, that is even better than I imagined  :wub: Thank you Richard!  :bow: :bow: