Freightdog projects update

Started by Freightdog862, February 23, 2011, 04:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freightdog862

Hi Guys,

I will be giving Chris a heads up on some new whif stuff coming from Freightdog for the Newsletter (including a couple of sets previously unmentioned that will come out at Southern Expo), but I thought I'd give you some progress on existng projects underway.

First of all, the P.1B conversion set has been cancelled, due to fact that after announcing it (but before making much of a start) I discovered that the Whirlybird (ex-Maintrack) P.1B masters are a CMR being put back into production. The Whirlybird Lightning kits are very nice (even compared to the Trumpeter one), and by the time you had bought my conversion and the base kit you might as well just buy their one, so in the spirit of cooperation I am cancelling my set. I am still going ahead with a factual corrected Lightning tailpipe set, and this may form a part of future whif projects at a later date.

Next, the Green Cheese Buccaneer set is on course for release at Hornchurch, Paul is adding final details to the masters so things are looking good for that one.

The SR.53 really hasn't progressed with Anigrand so will be delayed, and other more profitable projects have cropped up (both factual and whif), so it will happen but when I'm not sure. As I need to make a living from modelling these days, the nice projects sometimes have to make way for the ones that pay the bills.

The Supermarine twin masters are still being worked on Paul, unfortunately he only has two hands and I keep asking them to do other stuff! its likely that it will appear before the SR.53, but I think most of you will like what Paul's doing for me first, I'll give you a clue, its white and pointy..... 

Colin

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Rolead

Scooterman

van883

The Wooksta!

We may be able to come up with a back up plan...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Freightdog862

Quote from: van883 on February 27, 2011, 02:54:23 PM
Shame about the SR53....

Van

It will happen Van, just not as soon as I thought.
Colin

Freightdog862

Hi guys,

I said I would be giving some info on future stuff in the next newsletter, but rime has caught up with me and I need to announce stuff for Southern Expo, so here are the three resin sets due in stock later part of next week, all in 1/72nd;

TSR.2 Fighter set - includes belly mounted Sideways looking radar Aerial (35 ft long = 150mm in resin), optional FR probe fairing, wing pylons with mounting shoes and Blue Dolphin (Radar Redtop) missiles.

TSR.2 External Fuel Tank set - includes 1435 gal Ventral drop tank (160 mm long), FR probe fairing, two wing pylons with 450 gal Under wing Drop Tanks

TSR.2 Tactical Strike set - includes bomb bay insert (with fuel tank in rear part), two WE177 bombs, FR probe fairing, two wing pylons with 450 gal Under wing Drop Tanks

Prices are to be finalized, but Fighter set likely to be around £9.00 and other two around £12.00. The Fighter set is designed based on information contained in "TSR.2 Britain's Last Bomber" by Damien Burke. Masters are by Paul Lucas.

Colin

Rolead

and the P.1121 ?

If so money come your way at Southern Expo.

Robert

PR19_Kit

At LAST some TSR2 stuff in 1/72!  :thumbsup:

Thank you Colin, I'll be talking to the World Bank next week.....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Freightdog862

Quote from: Rolead on March 11, 2011, 05:55:09 AM
and the P.1121 ?

If so money come your way at Southern Expo.

Robert

You will have to look the S&M stand about 15 feet from mine for the P1121! That sounds wrong doesn't it?!

Freightdog862

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 11, 2011, 07:00:33 AM
At LAST some TSR2 stuff in 1/72!  :thumbsup:

Thank you Colin, I'll be talking to the World Bank next week.....

Don't forget Kit, I still owe you a conversion set as runner up in the Pegasus Group Build, tell me which you would like and I can hold it for you, or post it if your not at the show (same goes for Jaybee)
Colin 

Martin H

Quote from: Freightdog862 on March 11, 2011, 04:36:54 AM
TSR.2 Fighter set - includes belly mounted Sideways looking radar Aerial (35 ft long = 150mm in resin), optional FR probe fairing, wing pylons with mounting shoes and Blue Dolphin (Radar Redtop) missiles.

TSR.2 External Fuel Tank set - includes 1435 gal Ventral drop tank (160 mm long), FR probe fairing, two wing pylons with 450 gal Under wing Drop Tanks

TSR.2 Tactical Strike set - includes bomb bay insert (with fuel tank in rear part), two WE177 bombs, FR probe fairing, two wing pylons with 450 gal Under wing Drop Tanks

Ive seen the drop tank set and the the tac strike set. Colin was kind enougth to show samples of em to me at the Peterbrough show. And I think you lot will like them.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Mossie

Are the External Fuel Tank & Tactical strike sets related to the SAMI sets Colin?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Freightdog862

Quote from: Mossie on March 11, 2011, 01:27:16 PM
Are the External Fuel Tank & Tactical strike sets related to the SAMI sets Colin?

Yes they are, the fuel tanks and internal bomb parts are unchanged, but the pylons and FR probe fairing are new masters, based on updated info not available when Paul did them thanks to Damien's book.

The Fighter set is completely new (although the missiles were in the discontinued P.1154 weapons set), and other sets in development feature new parts, for example there will be reconnaissance set that will include the wing tanks, plus new chaff dispensers and outer pylons, and belly recon pack is a completely new shape.

Colin