Opinions on 1/72nd F-16 kits

Started by Radish, February 23, 2011, 03:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

with particular reference to the kinetic 1/72nd kits.

Falcon??

Thanks.
hugs,

Terry
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

chrisonord

I have not built the ones I was given Rad, but after having a good look through the contents, they are of nice quality, even better, they come with a gut load of weapons. The Sufa and the Block 52+ are recommended in my book :thumbsup:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Radish

I've ordered a SUFA and a Polish one....might go for some more too. Love the BIG SPINE versions. :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

In 1/72, the RoG kits are still the best of the bunch.

The Kinetic kit is pretty nice as well, but has rather deep panel lines. Don't know whether they fixed the nose profile. As Chris said, they come with a shedload of 'splodey bits. The Sufa has half (2 instead of 4 items) the Skunkmodel's Israeli Weapons Set (CLICKY!), the Polish/Greek boxing has the complete (2 items each) Skunkmodel NATO Weapons Set (CLICKY!)

The Hasegawa kit, while old, is also a pretty good representation of the Viper. Shapewise ahead of the Kinetic kit, but with less detail (less detailed wheel wells, cockpit and intake).

Those are the three contenders. All other kits rank well below these.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Radish

Radish

Cheers.
My F-16D block 52 (Polish/Greek) arrived today, with the Sufa as well. Bostin. USAF Wild Weasels for both, using whatever F-16 decals I've got (quite a few I'm surprised to say).

Looking good. :thumbsup: