Eddie's Parts & More

Started by Eddie M., February 21, 2011, 03:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

I thought I'd do something a little different for a while. Instead of starting a thread for everything I start but don't work on in a consistant basis, I just put it up here until it moves up the tree into a real WIP.

I got these bags 'o' planes for $.50 in San Antonio. I've go an idea that I'm going to put together real quick to see if it will work... I'll call it the Thunderstang. Apparently, the Thunderbolt might be of some vintage. It's a chrome coated and says Hawk model Co 1964. . Sorry if it was because it is well on it's way to it new incarnation...

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

There's been a change in plans for the twin engined A-4. I'm going to stick as close the A-4 body lines as I can, so this will be a single engine. The engine comes from a F-15, so I'll be naming this one the MacAttack. Here's how things have gone in the last couple of days....

I've disassemblied the airframe more than this since the photo was taken.

The next engine face for the intakes
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Oh, and the primer coat is going the Dreamstar......
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

For the moment, The MacAttack has got my attention. Making room for the bigger engine.

Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

Very nice! Do you plan your cuts a lot or just wing it usually?

:cheers:

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Eddie M.

It's just a feeling I get as to where I make my cuts. Call it an inner voice...;D
Look behind you!

ChernayaAkula

^ That's what she Jack the Ripper said!  ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Captain Canada

Very nice. Shame to chop up such a nice looking aeroplane, tho....

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 03, 2011, 09:41:57 PM
Very nice. Shame to chop up such a nice looking aeroplane, tho....

:thumbsup:

It was in poor shape up close. Decals rotting, white turned yellow, etc. Hopefully it will look just as good again.

Adding a little detail to the engine section.

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Eddie M.

Okay... here the Navy oprated F-5 loaded out for the defense of the Gulf of Mexico, stationed out of NAS Kingsville ;). Also, I came up with a strange aircraft today. I was tearing the wings and props from a V-22 off for a Cobra/ Osprey kitbash I'm planning on copying. The inspiration came from the parts left over and my imagination.....;D

Look behind you!

deathjester

I like that v-22 based one - some sorta COD aircraft with a crusader style variable incidence wing, superb!

arkon

wow! really like the swept wing v-22, it just looks like it was meant to be! :bow:
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

deathjester

Quote from: arkon on July 30, 2011, 09:04:56 AM
wow! really like the swept wing v-22, it just looks like it was meant to be! :bow:
Yes, just what I was thinking  :wub:

Eddie M.

Thank you Gentlemen. My inspiration was the S-3 and C-17. ;D
Look behind you!