Lovely aircraft caricatures

Started by Tophe, May 28, 2004, 09:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Have a look at :
http://www.desinaero.fr.st/
I am sure Ollie will appreciate, just like me, bur maybe several more among us... :)
Modellers are not forgotten, I know Captain Toad has (or will) produced such cute silhouettes with a very big canopy and personality...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

If you like aircraft caricatures, you might want to try and track down some old RAF Yearbooks from the early 80s.  They often used to feature cartoons of planes.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

QuoteIf you like aircraft caricatures, you might want to try and track down some old RAF Yearbooks from the early 80s.  They often used to feature cartoons of planes.
I may be interested, but where to find them ? Maybe Frank Smith Aviation Books, or else : ABE Books ? Or : has the RAF a library or book-shop ?

Tophe

I may ask Icarus Books in the USA also, they found wonderful old magazines for me (of 1945 and 1961...).

Captain Canada

Cool !

Thanks, Tophe ! I loved the drawing of the three Mirage F.1s...with the third one upside down !

Cool !
Ollie, you should get him to do up FWOL for you !

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Pretty nice, but the king is still Jean Barbaud!!!

:P  :P  :wub:  :wub:  :cheers:  :cheers:  

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tom

HELLO!

I just want to thank all of you who came on my website and those who gave me some comments...That was very nice!
I hope you will all come some other times because desinaero is always growing up with new stuff...

Keep making aviation being so beautifull!

Thank you one more time! (Special thanx to Tophe)

Bye!

Thomas

Ollie

Glad you could join us!!

Could you make a caricature of a Piaggio P.149D by any chance???

B)  

Tophe

Dear Tom,
Wellcome among us dear  :)
If we mention your name rather often, just know that 'SuperTom' is our webmaster here...
Maybe Ollie is a little shy to ask for a caricature of his own Focke-Wulf trainer baby, but I do not remember the precise code/name of this one. I thought something as Stiglitz, if memory serves, but Google finds nothing about that, and the "Focke-Wulf trainer" is a source of different planes, and of a "Twin-Navion" that is not a Twin-plane for me (?? :( ) : http://www.aircraftcovers.com/techsheets/t17.html

Enjoy the old topics and different dreams about colours, shapes and stories...

Tophe

Quotea "Twin-Navion" that is not a Twin-plane for me (?? :( ) :
Asking Google, I have understood, lately : the North American/Ryan Navion had been turned into the twin-engined (single-fuselaged, alas) Riley D-16 Twin-Navion...