Wanted - unwanted Matchbox or Airfix 1/72 Mosquito night fighter nose.....

Started by kitbasher, February 19, 2011, 02:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

.....for a whiffing project.

Anyone got one?  Happy to swap, reimburse postage, etc.
Regards,
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

No, the nose in the Airfix NF XIX is the one he means.  I think.

I can supply them all, Dave.  Airfix,Matchbox and both of the Airkit ones (thimble & bullnose).  Plenty spare.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

I just happen to have the MK.XIX handy (using it as reference for the DH.101 build) and had a look as I was sure there was a few choices of nose you can use.  There's the original which you have to cut off if you want to do the other versions, the Mk.XIX nose replacement, and then there's the Moulins cannon nose too.  If the others can't fix you up you can have any of these noses as I'm converting this kit into an early Sea Mosquito (the other nose in the pic here)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kitbasher

Thanks guys for your very kind, swift offers of assistance - a great response that's just typical of this forum.  And apologies too - I should have been clearer in saying it was the NF.XIX thimble nose I was after.  As pyro-manic was the first to respond I've PM'ed him as per his request.
The fruits of the request will hopefully be revealed in due course - and no, it's not a Mossie.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter