Half-bubble Twin-Spitfire glider

Started by Tophe, February 19, 2011, 01:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

On my drawing topic http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20326.660.html I said: "I have written a short story where the main character used these first words: "I was quietly gluing the port V-tail of my Twin-Spitfire resin model when...". So I try to make this one live, a little:" (with my drawing of the V-tail Twin-Spitfire)
Then dear PR19Kit asked me (on PM) if I will build it. The answer was no, I am not skillful enough, but that put pleasantly on the top of the pile my project of Twin-Spitfire... PR19Kit has made the very perfect Twin-Spitfire of the Twin-Mustang shape (see the beauty at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=23 ), so mine will be different, less fine and more delirious:
1/ Asymmetric as bubble canopy starboard, faired canopy port
2/ Glider as there will be no undercarriage so no propeller requiring ground clearance
3/ Fuselage close to one another as this is possible without propellers, and enriches the silhouette family
4/ Asymmetric multiplane tail, with 4 planes on starboard, none on port
5/ biplane wings, to use the discarded parts immediately
(I will start slowly, there are 2 other models to finish before starting this one - the basis is two Spit 14E 1/72)
I may draw it tomorrow, as a start.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

It was not written on the box cover but they are Fujimi kits:

Tophe

I could not resist much: I have already started...
The project is taking shape. The wing-tips' extensions will become extra fins on the port wing, to enhance asymmetry.

PR19_Kit

Bi-plane wings Tophe?

Strewth, the mind BOGGLES!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

The fun will be later, now it is time for "hard-work": truncating the central wing roots and engine cylinders, adding putty (to sand and repeat...)

Tophe

Noses are clean now, and lower wings are glued:

Tophe

Without paint yet, I plan to make pictures of the AS-TS (Almost-Serious Twin-Speety glider), before I turn it into the over-asymmetric VC-TS (Very-Crazy Twin-Speety glider)... :blink:

Tophe

Supermarine AS-TS, temporary prototype...

Tophe

tc2324

Tophe....., and I thought I was mad...?? :lol:

Love the idea and looking forward to the end result. :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Tophe

Thanks tc
The model has already becomen biplane, drying...

Tophe

The Supermarine VC-TS prototype seems completed. I will paint it soon.

tc2324

Wacky and weird...., but I like it... :wacko: :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

saintkatanalegacy

this is MADNESS!!! :lol:

like your designs :thumbsup:
Ivylicious!™

Ed S

Like always, your designs are totally crazy, completely impractical, utterly non-aerodynamic and most assuredly brilliant.  Good one.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.