Heinkel 280, the cursed jet

Started by sletch, February 15, 2011, 08:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sletch

Hi all,

Here is my brand new delirium

Hope you will enjoy it ;D

The work-in-progress can be seen on "fighters forum" http://fighters.forumactif.com/t40199-heinkel-280-eduard-1-48-maj-au-13-02-11-voilaaaaaaa-c-est-finiiii

See ya / Frederic

QuoteIn 1943, the Reichsluftfahrtministerium (RLM) asked Heinkel to concentrate develpments teams on new heavy bombers. In the same time, they asked Messerschmitt to achieved the first German jet fighter-bomber prototype (later known as Me 262)

This decision was very difficult to accept by the Heinkel which had high hopes on the He 280. Despite an intense lobbying campaign, the RLM flatly refused to modify its decision. In a gesture of appeasement, the RLM authorized the exportation of the He 280.

The Heinkel company, immediately used this option to contract with Kawanishi in Japan. Curiously, Kawanishi had a similar problem, since Nakajima launch in the production Kikka prototypes. After several stormy meetings between the manufacturer and the War Ministry, a spy submarine was commissioned to recover plans from Germany.

Kawanishi successfully built a first prototype of the Heinkel 280 in only 11 months. Unfortunatly, the He 280 had no chance to make its first flight as a strategic U.S. Air Force strike destroyed the factory in charge of the Germany born plane testing.

Extract from "That's all fakes" by Jonas LEITCH

Last finished!

PYF42

Bonsoir
I've been waiting this model ! ;D
Very good job , but I said that before .
I really like your low-cost diorama !!!  :thumbsup:
Regards
Fred

PACOPEPE

Very nice!, very fine. :thumbsup:

Regards
Fran

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Doc Yo

Nice bit of whiffing! How was the build? I keep hoping Eduard will do the 280 in 1/72, but it doesn't seem too
likely.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Spey_Phantom

i havent seen much IJN'46 models arround lately, this one looks great  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

sletch

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your kind comments  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Doc Yo on February 15, 2011, 10:55:22 AMNice bit of whiffing! How was the build? I keep hoping Eduard will do the 280 in 1/72, but it doesn't seem too  likely.
The kit was really easy to build. The main problems came from... Me  :-\ (not kidding on this one  :rolleyes: ).

Seriously, the fitting was really good and I didn't have to use a lot of putty during the building. Just one this upset me: the guide :angry: !! It is not very understandable on the PE parts placement. I also had the choice for two type of engines (Jumo or Henschel), I made a mess with the parts just because I tryed to follow the guide  :banghead:

Except that point, this kit is great  :mellow:

A bientot / Frederic
Last finished!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Good looking He 280!

The He 280 would look extra-cool with a Ki-83 tail section on it and in Japanese markings.

Matrixone

sletch

Hi all,

I thank you very much for your comments  ;)

Quote from: matrixone on February 16, 2011, 07:57:06 AM
Good looking He 280! The He 280 would look extra-cool with a Ki-83 tail section on it and in Japanese markings.
Matrixone
That's an idea  :thumbsup:

Strangly, the Ki-83 looks very similar to the He 280  :o

See ya / Frederic

Last finished!

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

GTX

Both are very nice - what scale is the Ki-83?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sturmbock

If you hadn't told it was a He 280 I'd have believed it was a Ki 280 just as easily..
Looks very convincing in Japanese markings. Nice build! :thumbsup: