PFFM S-11 "Hammer" (Revell pocket)

Started by wacek85, February 14, 2011, 04:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

In 2267 polish military industry have to challenge with crucial problem - there were no modern dropship/gunship. There were no chances for further upgrades of Mi-24 . Last version wih twin ion engines was uncapable to carry the landing party . Apperance of ANTIGRAV propulsion changed the situation on modern battlefield and there was an urgent need of new air units . In 2268 problem was solved. In PFFM (Polish Factory of Flying Machines) firts "Hammer" came into being. It was a dropship/gunship powered by two low-thrust ion engines and antigrav-powered when flying at low speed. It was capable to carry 10 fully armed marines and a few missiles/rocket launchers/gunpods. There were also 5 cannons but only 3 were in use. The reason was the same as with the Sperry turrents in B-17. Gunners in these turrets had no chance to survive a direct hit. "Hammers"" were never used on the battlefield yet but because of their multirole and performorance (vmax~1000 km/h) there is a bright future for them for sure .

Model is depicting one from five "Hammers" that are in use outside Poland. This one was sold to Russia.

ChernayaAkula

Brilliant! :bow: The camo and red stars look so very appropriate on this!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on February 14, 2011, 04:31:17 PM
Brilliant! :bow: The camo and red stars look so very appropriate on this!  :thumbsup:

I know!! ingenious idea!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Weasel

Pyro, If I am not very much mistaken it is based on the revel republic gunship from the clone wars (star wars) range?

pyro-manic

Ahh, that would fit. I have taken great care to avoid exposure to New Star Wars - everything I have seen has just annoyed me. ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weasel

Yup, avoid at all costs  ;) so sad - I honestly wonder in Lucas was involved in the original 3 as judging by his recent output anything creative in him died a long time ago in a galaxy far far away :(