Grumpy Old Modeller

Started by kitbasher, February 12, 2011, 08:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Anyone know what's happened to Mike McEvoy's 'Grumpy Old Modeller' site?  Has it moved, been renamed, or what?  My bookmark's taken me to some domain name selling thingy the last couple of days.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Hm, yes, so do my attempts.  :unsure:

We could ask him, he's on here now.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Had the same problem myself. I've e-mailed him but I know he's off on a trip at the moment. So may be a while before a reply
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Hmmmmpphhhh....these tripping hippies :blink: :blink: :blink: :party: :party: :lol: :lol:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on February 13, 2011, 01:58:18 AM
Hmmmmpphhhh....these tripping hippies :blink: :blink: :blink: :party: :party: :lol: :lol:

The thought of Mike and illegal substances just gave me a fit of the giggles  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 13, 2011, 02:00:10 AM
Quote from: Radish on February 13, 2011, 01:58:18 AM

The thought of Mike and illegal substances just gave me a fit of the giggles  ;D

The original "gentleman farmer of modelling growing his own??..............................giggle away!!
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Nigel Bunker

I notice the picture is now easier on the eye - has Mike M been to one of those funny clinics in Thailand?

:lol:
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

PR19_Kit

He must have been darn quick about it if he did! He looked just like the first pic at MK the other weekend!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nigel Bunker

Life's too short to apply all the stencils

The Rat

Probably just forgot to send in a renewal notice, it's happened here a couple of times. As far as I know most hosts have a grace period in which you can just start up again.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Green Dragon

Quote from: Nigel Bunker on February 14, 2011, 02:13:41 AM
I notice the picture is now easier on the eye - has Mike M been to one of those funny clinics in Thailand?

:lol:
Sure they haven't run off to the Caribbean together! She's probably just after his model stash though!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

kitbasher

Maybe she's what he's been referring to as his 'model stash'!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Just had a reply from Mike. He's trying to sort it out - hopefully it hasn't been hi-jacked !

NARSES2