W.Nr.600150 <1-+- FINISHED! (new pics added 2/11/11)

Started by matrixone, February 10, 2011, 11:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

At last I had some good weather to get outside and get some decent pics of this model, I actually finished this one three days ago.

For those of you who have Jerry Crandall's first Dora book the pics below might look familiar, I used the same camera angles as those seen in Jerry's book. The canopy is not seen in some of these pics because the canopy was not on the aircraft in some of the photographs in the book.

I have other pics of this model I will post later on.

Matrixone

Gondor

That colour picture looks spot on to me. Fantastic work Matrixone.  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

matrixone

Thank you Gondor, I appreciate your comments.

Below is a pic of the cover of Jerry Crandall's book with W.Nr.600450 pictured on it, the color pic of my model was intended to match the photograph on the book cover, after looking at my model pic I should have added a little more contrast to it to better match the photograph on the book cover...oh well, too late now! ;D

I do have other pics I will be posting of this model in a while.

Matrixone

comrade harps

Whatever.

matrixone

Thank you Comrade!

Here are the other pics of this model...

Matrixone

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Gondor

Quote from: matrixone on February 10, 2011, 02:37:49 PM
Below is a pic of the cover of Jerry Crandall's book with W.Nr.600450 pictured on it, the color pic of my model was intended to match the photograph on the book cover, after looking at my model pic I should have added a
I do have other pics I will be posting of this model in a while.

Will you be sending copies of your pictures to the book's author?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

matrixone

Thanks guys!

Gondor,
I will post these pics over at HS in a few days and I hope Jerry will see it, he posts there every so often.

My other large scale Dora that I am painting now is not going very well, I had to repaint the fuselage two times trying to get the colors close to the color photographs in Jerry's book but I got it pretty close now, the model will have five different colors on it...not including the wing undersurfaces (which are BMF) and the gray/brown landing gear doors! :o

Matrixone

Army of One

Awesome stuff.....so well made and photographed...!!!  :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

As soon as I have finished typing I will rush out, buy  a hat, put it on and then take it off to you.  Fantastic Dora, sir (but then again, the 190D is a handsome beast).
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Taiidantomcat

Impressive execution. Its just a nice looking scheme as well. very pleasing to the eye  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

matrixone

Thanks Army of One, NARSES2, kitbasher, and Taiidantomcat!

I am glad to have this one finished and will be even more happy to get the other Dora I am working on now finished so I can get back to some what-ifs, trying to paint some of these late war Luftwaffe camouflage schemes and get it exactly like the full size machine is not easy to do and in the case of ''blue 12'' its even more difficult to do because of lack of information on some of the colors. Painting what-ifs is much less stressful because you are never wrong in your choice of colors or markings. ;D

Matrixone

lancer

Another incredible masterpiece Matrix. It looks gorgeous. What Gruppe does it belong to?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die