Naval Mi24 A........WIP

Started by Army of One, February 10, 2011, 08:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Having been sent quite a few bits for not a lot in return ( :thumbsup: Chrisonord) I have started on a naval version of the Hind A........whose navy though,I don't know....probably end up as a Maltese navy one....one of a few examples aquired by them and upgraded by various sources.....
The kit is the Airfix 1/72 offering.....I'm not gonna comment on the accuracy of the kit.....greenhouse canopy,stub wings n fugly.....yep.....Hind A.....!
I have started of by drilling out the doors,this version has sliding doors Puma style. I have also sawn of the little pod thingy infront of the nose landing gear....I am thinking fixed main gear but external like the Ka27 family,gear doors smoothed over.....front will remain the same,doors closed and a fixed u/c....still debating crew positions in the cockpit.....I'll be scratch building my own,I was thinking that the extreme front position can go,replaced with a sensor suite on the nose....the pilot n co-pilot positions moved forward,more snug with some system operators behind.....leaving the cabin free for SAR team/ASW team...? Winches added to o/s one of the doors........any opinions gladly welcomed.....weapons n other stuff to follow.....and pics when I can sort out how to load them...taken some just can't seem to load them.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Army of One

Last night it took 45 mins to drill out (by hand.....thumb n trigger finger were sore......!) the main doors n tidy them up with a small file......very happy with the result......only a couple of mins later and the recessed pod underneath was off as well......next job will be scratching the cockpit area and main cabin. Gotta build consoles n seats.....probably 4 seats.....definately 3.....in the nose......not sure about main cabin......H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Army of One

I will try again......otherwise I will have to email them to Narses2 so he can post them.....I tried but when I preview the post it shows a small icon,like a small sheet of paper with some small coloured squares on it....sliced in half diagonally in a zig zag.......not sure what I am doing wrong.....if anyone reads this and feels like sending me an idiots guide via PM I would really appreciate it......H 
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Hopefully this will work......

[/img]

Bugger....obviously not....!!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

HA!!!!!!!!!.....I've done it....!!!!

Any mod wanna clear this up....not trying to post whore......many thanks...!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

anthonyp

Actually, no, your post fail is rather amusing  ;D

Looking forward to seeing how this one progresses.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Army of One

Last night I worked a bit on scratchbuilding (sorta......well,re-arranging) the cockpit area........I had a thought....space is a premium at the moment....I was thinking of folding the rotors and tail....I found an old Esci Hind main rotor in a box in the loft....the tail is separate anyway as an A or D can be made.......I was thinking three blades along the top of the tail boom and one either side slightly down....like a Sea King....think that would work...?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Army of One on February 14, 2011, 03:33:01 AM
Last night I worked a bit on scratchbuilding (sorta......well,re-arranging) the cockpit area........I had a thought....space is a premium at the moment....I was thinking of folding the rotors and tail....I found an old Esci Hind main rotor in a box in the loft....the tail is separate anyway as an A or D can be made.......I was thinking three blades along the top of the tail boom and one either side slightly down....like a Sea King....think that would work...?

Yep! A sea king has five or even six rotors in some cases too right? If you can fold a CH-53E rotor, you can fold anything!!  :thumbsup: How did you plan on painting this by the way?

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Army of One

I'm not sure which navy it is going to belong to but......it will probably be a grey or two.....applied with a brush or maybe a rattle can or two.....unless I can sort out my airbrush.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Some work done.....rear two windows either side blanked off,they will be filled n smoothed over......also an attempt at runners and sliding doors....some sanding still required on this.......re-jigged the cockpit area.....moved the pilots seat area forward a bit....also tried to build a console....found an old one n the spares box (UH1 I think....) with some plastic rod underneath as a central console....seats to be built soon....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Taiidantomcat

Army of One

This evenings work....scratch built console and for the moment....5 seats...they may get arm rests yet.....cushions and harnesses to follow,probably be made out of textured masking tape.........
Having seen the pic......I will try n get a better one,thats in better focus......photography not a big point....like working a pc.... ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?