The Post Apocalyptic Road Rally Sudden Death Muscle Car War GB

Started by puddingwrestler, February 07, 2011, 08:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Right then. The apocalypse as happened. Civilization has crumbled. The world as we know it has come to an end, and there's nothing but repeats of Bulgarian Idol on the tele.
There's nothing for it but to take to the streets in a souped up battle car and shoot things.

Build a car or other civilian road vehicle for use in a post apocalyptic world. Mad Max, Car Wars, Muscle Car Apocalypse, Fall Out, Salute of the Jugger, whatever.

I realise this will give a huge advantage to Australians as the best post-apocalyptic road rally sudden death muscle car war films are all made here, but it's time to redress the balance you foreign devils!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

jcf

AKA The Why Johnny Can't Speed Fortieth Anniversary Celebration GB.  ;) :drink:  :tank:

Weaver

<MODE=JMN>

Car Wars is post-post-apocalyptic, actually.....

</MODE>

;)

I still have most of the bits of the black Lambo I was doing for a Car Wars build twencoughsplutter years ago. Unfortunately, the 1/32nd Vulcan cannon that was going on the side of it ( :wacko:) got put back in it's Revell Starfighter box in order to sell it, but I'm sure I could come up with something.....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

puddingwrestler

Shouldn't that be JWN?
For Joyless Wargame Nazi?
(Yes, they do exist!)

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

philp

Quote from: Weaver on February 08, 2011, 05:20:32 PM
I still have most of the bits of the black Lambo I was doing for a Car Wars build twencoughsplutter years ago. Unfortunately, the 1/32nd Vulcan cannon that was going on the side of it ( :wacko:) got put back in it's Revell Starfighter box in order to sell it, but I'm sure I could come up with something.....

I might have some bits of a vulcan laying around that could be parted with if said twencoughsplutter year ago build should resurrect itself.  Shoot me a PM and I will see what I can do.

I have been fascinated more with the idea of Car Wars over Mad Max builds every since I first played the game thirtcoughsplutter years ago.  Have looked for the right car to build off of in either 32nd (because of weapons to use) or 24th (harder to find weapons).  Still haven't decided whether to just take a car and upgun/uparmor it for combat or to build a car like you were building from the ground up as a combat vehicle.  Leaning more towards the other but still don't think I have the skills to do my somewhat cloudy vision justice.  But someday, maybe.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

Cheers Philip - hang onto the gun unless or until this GB happens because thisisthe only use I have for it.

The Lamborghini was taken from a story that appeared in Autoduel Quarterly, but I can't remember the details now (the book is upstairs somewhere). It's not a real Lambo, of course, just a replica bodyshell on the standard Car Wars electric vehicle technology. Since Car Wars armour is ablative, replacement bodyshells/panels must be big business.....

- Indiana Jones

proditor

I keep looking at some of those 60's concept car models at a used toy store near me and thinking evil thoughts.  Mostly of how they'd look like the cars from the start of the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers video for "You got lucky"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTAhZKP5wCY

The Rat

If there were a Whiffie for longest group build title...  ;D

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

philp

Quote from: The Rat on February 09, 2011, 06:02:21 AM
If there were a Whiffie for longest group build title...  ;D

I do think the Subject line has a maximum number of characters so pretty sure we would end up with a tie.

Caught the last hour of Death Race on the TV last night.  Had an interest because of the cars and the fact I still vaguely remember Death Race 2000 from my youth.  Having missed the first hour it took me a couple minutes to get caught up on the story and then was a really who cares but the few cars that were left had some interesting ideas and the Semi with the Abrams turret on the back showed some serious overkill.  Still, they were more the existing cars upgunned and uparmored so still need to look for some body styles that have that built for combat look.

Also, do we really want to wait to see if we can get this set as a GB?  Looks like the year is pretty much set from the last poll.  I would be fine with making this an "Unofficial GB" and maybe get started in the Spring.  Just an idea.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

Quote from: proditor on February 09, 2011, 05:53:02 AM
I keep looking at some of those 60's concept car models at a used toy store near me and thinking evil thoughts.  Mostly of how they'd look like the cars from the start of the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers video for "You got lucky"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTAhZKP5wCY

Isn't that a prop from Logan's Run?

EDIT - yep! http://www.snowcrest.net/fox/logantv/cars.htm

- Indiana Jones

puddingwrestler

Unofficial GB is fine with me.
And the title could be longer! (As I have just proved)

philp

Think this one would look cool with some weapons, armor, cow catcher, etc.

Jimmy Flintstone did some resin stuff for Testors several years ago. A bunch of cars and some figures.  My LHS still has one of most (they are a bit pricey).  I might be able to talk the owner down on price as he has had them for a while. 
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies