Done: Israeli F-16T

Started by John Howling Mouse, May 25, 2004, 07:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Sorry for the truly lousy pics and the zero-style background but I was excited and wanted to share something that I've finally finished (for once!).

Hope everybody enjoys.  When I have time, I'll reshoot with a better diorama background during daylight...

:)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

Opposite view (as if it's much different...)

John Howling Mouse

Aft view...the tee-tail isn't actually as oversized as it would appear from this pic!

John Howling Mouse

Underside view.  The wheel wells are completely scratchbuilt and they've been relocated farther aft than normal.  This is for the near future when jet engines will be much more compact and efficient (hey, I just can't stand how cramped up the
three landing gear points are on the real thing----must be a b1tch to land during unpredictable winds!)

John Howling Mouse

Top view, just so you can see the whole paint scheme from above...

John Howling Mouse

Head on view.

Yes, I do believe everything is a bit crooked, the tailplanes, vertical fin...hell, even the background is bent outta shape (stupid feline knocked over my paintcup of water onto the cardboard desktop plotter!)

Tophe

Still lovely  :wub:  and different nevertheless... Congratulations to General-Mouse Dynamics :rolleyes:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Sisko

Very Nice love the camo job!!!

Is it hand painted or airbrushed?
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Allan

Wacko! Boffo! Biff Bam Boo!
That is a wonderful plane, Bazz.
Another triumph!!!!!!!!!!!
Allan

Our hobby club annual comp is on this weekend. Dinner at a Chinese restaurant on the Sat evening.

Captain Canada

Beauty, Baz !

Go Flames !

And you're right, it does look different from the other side :P

And the only thing I see crocked in that last pic is the plotter !

Woo Hoo !

Here's to JHM ! :cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

F-32

Gary

WOW.... Freaken WOW! :wub:

I love the ... the ... whole thing. First, the tail is most cool. But the subtle additions to accomidate are also very neat! The add on to the trailing edge is subtle but exciting! B)  I don't know this as I'm at work right now, but did you extend the wing chine forward almost to the nose? I've never noticed it on '16's before, but it looks right some good! The landing gear adjustment was awesome and well thought out! I did speak to a 16 pilot about the gear once and he said the only problem he ever had was transitions from one type to another when taxing because the 16's nose wheel was behind him.  :wacko:
And the paint! Holy smokes, don't put your diaroma in a desert, cause we'll never find her! Seriously, what an excellent paint job!

I'm very impressed... and somewhat intimidated! :P

It's seeing work like this that excites me and brings me back to my plastic!
Getting back into modeling

Mike Wren

QuoteI did speak to a 16 pilot about the gear once and he said the only problem he ever had was transitions from one type to another when taxing because the 16's nose wheel was behind him.  :wacko:
F-16 in 'drives like a bus' shocker! :huh:

anyway, fantastic model as ever Barry  :wub:

nev

Baz, you are quite simply, The Man.  :wub:

And that colour scheme.................. :wub:  :wub:

:f16:  :f16:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Swamphen

Now, that's sharp. ^_^

But shouldn't those wingtip missiles be Pythons?  ;)