Main Menu
S

F-20Z

Started by Swamphen, May 25, 2004, 04:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamphen

Not sure if this belongs here or up in the general forum, but since there's that Zwillinged Superbug in here...

...I present to you the F-20Z Tigershark!

Swamphen

AND here it is in Camo!  :ar:

I think I will be laying off the PhotoShopping for awhile now...  :wacko:  :blink:  :wacko:  

Tophe

So lovely... :wub:  And well-balanced and all... Definitely, this World of us is better than Reality... Thanks a lot, dear Swamphen. :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

That is pretty sweet !

F-20s rock........ :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Swamphen

Once I've got all the tools & paint & putty etc (and an airbrush!) and have grabbed a couple of Hase weapons sets I plan to actually build this bird...  ^_^  

elmayerle

Very nice!  one minor point, I believe that it'd make more sense, in a number of ways, to have a straight leading edge in that center section rather than the complicated one you have now.  With a proper choice of section, it'd work nicely that way.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Captain Canada

QuoteVery nice!  one minor point, I believe that it'd make more sense, in a number of ways, to have a straight leading edge in that center section rather than the complicated one you have now.  With a proper choice of section, it'd work nicely that way.
Yeah, but it wouldn't look as cool !

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Shasper

Pretty convincing. ;)

Ves B)  
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

John Howling Mouse

Okay, a completely self-admitted brainfart I'm going to come up with but, wouldn't it be wild if you could have the linked fighters joined at the inner wingtips (i.e. overlapping wings?) but they could release from each other when desired?  They'd have to be symmetrical designs, of course.

No real practical point to having them cojoined in the first place, I suppose but it would be funny to see their adversary's eyes when they split up from each other the first time.

Too Gerry Anderson?   :dum:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Radish

Nice idea, JHM.
How about a "triple F-20" where the "zwilling" is the mother ship(one cockpit, lots of aerials, etc) and the single-ton above the twin zwilling is a drone?
:wub:
Looking cool though.
:wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Swamphen

Radi-san, I just might have to try that with F-20Z #3.  ^_^  (Currently scouting for some 1/72 Hase F-20s, then will do one with the Monogram 1/48s. After that...bwahahaha!)

I've come up with a bit of a background story for this bird, featuring Taiwan wanting a twin-engined maritime strike fighter with lots of commonality with their F-5s and a Northrop engineer desperate to save his company (and the F-20 project) stumbling across a pic of a F-82.  :ar:

Tophe

Yeah, but it wouldn't look as cool ! ;)
You are very right. Investigating for the very reasons of the twin-boom layout, an american owner told me : "this is more sexy"... :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]