the '46 Group build: Da Rulz

Started by Spey_Phantom, February 01, 2011, 09:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

ok, looks like things are finally on there way, but to make sure the fun doesnt get spoiled, here are some Rules:

EDITED 19.02.2011

Quote1. the GB runs from the 1st of February 2011 till midnight of May 31 2011, if more than one participant requests an extra week or so to complete their build, i will concider an extention.

2. models or profiles of any class (aircraft, armour, ships,...) are alowed, preferably equipment build and introduced between 1940 and 1950, beyond that is alowed as long as the fit in the '46 universe and are WHIF.

3. already started models are allowed as long as mayor building work (that is anything involving paint and/or glue.) has not started before the GB begins.

3.1 Profiles made before the start of the GB are NOT eligable, all profiles must be made within the builf timeframe, not before the start of the GB.

4. lets keep this a clean build, no spamming, flaming, thread jacking, racist remarks....remember, the war's over.

5. all finished models and profiles must be posted (with picture and link to build thread) in the finished builds thread.

6. there is no rule 6, never EVER ask about rule 6

7. have FUN  ;D

8. if want to give a comment on a build profile/model, please do that in the model/profile threads and NOT in the completed build/profiles threads, if a comment is made in the completed build threads, they will either be moved or deleted

any entries/posts in violation of the rules will be locked, moved or removed.
if you have a comment on a model or profile, please post it in the respected thread and NOT in the finished entries.

rules will be added or modified if needed
i have trust in the integrity, honor and fairness of the participants, now get crackin.
as for prizes, i dont know if there will be any, or if there is anyone who is willing to present some.
but remember, were not gloryhounds or JMN's, the reason of this GB is to have fun.
its the first GB im moderating and i wanna make it a good one, so forgive me if i make any mistakes.
for the voting of the winner at the end of the build, there will be 2 polls, 1 for profiles and 1 for models.

i am going to participate in the GB aswell, they are gonna be eligable, and if people are worried about me being corrupt, the awnser in no, im a man of honor and cheating is not in my dictionary  :thumbsup:

if there are any questions, post them here  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

puddingwrestler

Quote from: Nils on February 01, 2011, 09:54:29 AM
2. models or profiles of any class (aircraft, armour, ships,...) are alowed, preferably equipment build and introduced between 1940 and 1950, beyond that is alowed as long as the fit in the '46 universe and are WHIF.

Does this mean I would be able to produce equipment used during WW2/Extended WW2 by fictional countries? I'm sorta thinking about the production of a Zoltravian tank or Fighter.
If it does not allow such, I'll think of something else instead - I have not gotten far with my thinking yet.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: puddingwrestler on February 04, 2011, 02:58:31 PM
Does this mean I would be able to produce equipment used during WW2/Extended WW2 by fictional countries? I'm sorta thinking about the production of a Zoltravian tank or Fighter.
If it does not allow such, I'll think of something else instead - I have not gotten far with my thinking yet.

yes, that is allowed, even encouraged  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Tuck

In regards to Rule 6..... :o :blink:

(runs away to concrete bunker and locks door....) :wacko: :wacko:
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

sletch

Hi all,

I understand rule 3, the GB  starts as from february 2011. Anyway, is it worth posting a '46 stuff whenever it have been started a couple of month ago BUT finished in february 2011 ? Obviously, I would be just for fun  :ph34r:

Tanx in advance  :mellow:

Regards / Frederic
Last finished!

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: sletch on February 15, 2011, 05:17:14 AM
Hi all,

I understand rule 3, the GB  starts as from february 2011. Anyway, is it worth posting a '46 stuff whenever it have been started a couple of month ago BUT finished in february 2011 ? Obviously, I would be just for fun  :ph34r:

Regards / Frederic
no, that would not be allowed, sorry.
the Gb timeline clearly states that a model must be compleed within the timeline (start and ending between feb 1, 2011 and May 31, 2011).
however, as long as no glue or paint has been involved it is elligable (plastic cutting, decal making, resin molding... is alowwed prior to the start of the GB .
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

sletch

Quote from: Nils on February 15, 2011, 05:46:47 AM
Quote from: sletch on February 15, 2011, 05:17:14 AM
Hi all,

I understand rule 3, the GB  starts as from february 2011. Anyway, is it worth posting a '46 stuff whenever it have been started a couple of month ago BUT finished in february 2011 ? Obviously, I would be just for fun  :ph34r:

Regards / Frederic
no, that would not be allowed, sorry.
the Gb timeline clearly states that a model must be compleed within the timeline (start and ending between feb 1, 2011 and May 31, 2011).
however, as long as no glue or paint has been involved it is elligable (plastic cutting, decal making, resin molding... is alowwed prior to the start of the GB .
Hi again,

No worry Nils. I understand the rule very well. It was just "in case of"  ;). Anyway, you can see my '46 non-GB delirium on this link http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,31588.0.html

A bientot / Frederic
Last finished!

Gondor

Yikes..... just over 14 weeks left to the end of the build.......  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Cliffy B

Quote from: Gondor on February 21, 2011, 01:50:57 PM
Yikes..... just over 14 weeks left to the end of the build.......  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Gondor

Oh God, DON'T DO THAT!!!!!!  I first read that I thought you said days! 
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

sletch

Quote from: Cliffy B on February 21, 2011, 05:04:30 PM

Gondor

Oh God, DON'T DO THAT!!!!!!  I first read that I thought you said days! 
Last finished!

lancer

Gondor

You're gonna need to ask for an extension in the next ferw days then mate...... :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Gondor

Quote from: lancer on February 22, 2011, 10:41:21 AM

You're gonna need to ask for an extension in the next ferw days then mate...... :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

I have 4 builds on the go for this GB, hoping to finish one at least

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Quote from: lancer on February 22, 2011, 10:41:21 AM

Gondor

On second thoughts, perhaps I will need to ask for an extension considering that my last build took 8 months !!!

Gondor

NARSES2

Nils how are you going to do the voting ?

Simple one vote per member

or pick your top 3 in order 1.2.3 ?

I only ask because there are some stunning builds in this GB and it's going to be very difficult to pick one

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 10, 2011, 07:33:01 AM
Nils how are you going to do the voting ?

Simple one vote per member

or pick your top 3 in order 1.2.3 ?

I only ask because there are some stunning builds in this GB and it's going to be very difficult to pick one

Chris
well depending on the number of finished builds by the deadline, im thinking of a 5-votes public poll.
i would go for 3-votes, but as noted it depends n how many entries will be finished  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.