Mystery Aircraft identification needed

Started by tigercat, January 27, 2011, 11:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat

Anyone know what this aircraft is I came across this postcard. The card is No. 923 published by Real Photographs Ltd

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Doc Yo

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Green Dragon

Valom do two 1/72nd scale kits of it Tigercat, early tail dragger and later one with nose gear, think both are around the £30 mark here in the UK.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

jcf

Quote from: Green Dragon on January 28, 2011, 10:11:53 AM
Valom do two 1/72nd scale kits of it Tigercat, early tail dragger and later one with nose gear, think both are around the £30 mark here in the UK.

Paul Harrison

The Valom kits are both variations on the production YFM: YFM-1 taildragger and the trike gear YFM-1A, three of which were converted from standard YFM-1 airframes.
Valom did a terrible job on moulding the engine exhaust system, rather than inset below the surface of the nacelle,
the piping is represented as lumpy raised worms. They completely screwed the pooch.

Rareplanes did a vac of the XFM-1(the aircraft on the postcard) many years ago, it is actually quite nice.

Jon