G

Halesowen 2004

Started by Geoff_B, May 23, 2004, 11:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

A quick collection assembled by MartinH & Myself for a show today in Birmingham.

Thor B)  

nev

Sweet  :wub:   Martins 707 really dominates the display (in a nice way)

Like the fact that there are lots and lots of British types too :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

COOL!!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

lancer

AWSOME mate.......... :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :ph34r:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Swamphen

Thor, what are those two books on the back of the table? I hear InterLibrary Loan calling...  :)

Nice lineup of TSR2s...one of the three best planes the Brits never built (along with the Martin-Baker MB.5 - which I call Rapier - and the Saro SR.1A aka Stormpetrel).  :wub:  

Martin H

QuoteSweet  :wub:   Martins 707 really dominates the display (in a nice way)

Like the fact that there are lots and lots of British types too :)

Only two planes not in British markings.

Photos are up on my site for those interested in haveing a look.

http://groups.msn.com/TheWhatifandoddballm.../_whatsnew.msnw
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Geoff_B

QuoteThor, what are those two books on the back of the table? I hear InterLibrary Loan calling... 

Nice lineup of TSR2s...one of the three best planes the Brits never built (along with the Martin-Baker MB.5 - which I call Rapier - and the Saro SR.1A aka Stormpetrel). 

Erm well all three of those actually wee built and did fly, just got cancelled before entering service. Now to see some of the stuff we didn't build then those two books are a must !!!!.

British Secret Projects Fighters 1949-todate

And

British Secret Projects Bombers 1950 - to date

Both these books are by Tony Buttler who should have a third edition out late summer on the Wartime projects.

Another great book we use is "Project Cancelled" by Derek Woods which got alot of these models started off but is currently out of print.

Cheers

Geoff B B)

Swamphen

(scribbling madly) Thanks! Will have to see if the library in Podunk, Florida (Redneckia County) can ILL them...

P.S. any good references on WWII RAF secret projects? The USAF Museum site is good (for bombers and fighers) and Luft '46 remains popular, but I know next to nothing about "RAF '46"...

retro_seventies

Swampy...i got both of them from Border's, but they had to order them (they came in at a shade under $40 each as i recall) - if i can get them in Schertz TX, then you can get them anywhere! :)

both of them are marvellous...you'll find a whole weekend vanishes when you pick them up....

all the best mate (never had a chance to say hello!)

ben  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

retro_seventies

BTW - GREAT job Thor and Martin...pics look great on your site too (and that 707 is a STONKER).

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Geoff_B

British Secret Projects 3 - 1935-50

You mean this one due out soon Swamphen ?

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

John Howling Mouse

That's quite the load to transport.

Your tablecloth makes me wonder:

Has anyone ever made such a tablecloth but painted it to look like a concrete TARMAC?  You could use various airbrushed basecoats, followed with splatter technique to obtain the granular textured look.  Then, just draw on the split lines
you normally see b/w slabs on aprons, etc. and, voila, instant concrete for realistic background.  And when people at a show take pics of your displayed models, they'll look that much better too.

I have to try this now!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

NARSES2

Pre-ordered the new Butler book on saturday via Amazon, they are talking release date of end June - so should see it in time for the Nat's ?

Chris

PS - Great cover art
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Swamphen

Quoteif i can get them in Schertz TX, then you can get them anywhere! :)
Mate, the real test will be rounding 'em up in the Florida Panhandle.  :o

QuoteBritish Secret Projects 3 - 1935-50

I think I shall have to make a withdrawl from the Exchequer...  ;)

Joe C-P

An excellent display! Did you make any converts to the Church of What-if?

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.