Heinkel He-177Z

Started by Aircav, May 23, 2004, 08:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Take two revell He-177's and a saw and..................
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Aircav

This one's for all you gentlemen who like bottoms  :D  

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Tophe

Great! :wub:  :wub:
When can we hope to see the finished marvel ?
Will she be different from the D-ONUT He 177Z (on my site since June 2003, but not built yet I fear) ?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

matrixone

aircavpinkteam,

What a fantastic idea, and looks great so far, what camo colors and patterns are going to be used?

Matrixone

Aircav

Hi Tophe and Matrixone
she'll be the same as D-ONUT as for the markings I not sure yet and I trying to get her finished in the next couple of weeks

Steve

Sir Sydney Camm

Supertom

Absolutely brilliant Steve!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Mairfrog

Three DB610?   :o  Herman Meier's feurzeug indeed!

That's a smart job there aircav, do it in splinter camo.  B)

Has anyone tried making the four engined version that Heinkel wanted to build? Reckon it should be a quick lash up with four Ju88 nacelles, which is pretty much what the real thing was.  ^_^  

Tophe

QuoteThree DB610?  

Has anyone tried making the four engined version that Heinkel wanted to build?
Do you mean that Heinkel actually want to make a 4-engined Zwilling one?
Or a 4-engined 177, simply. In my readings, I have seen that the 177 was a 2xDB610 which is 4xDB605 in 2 engine pods. Do you mean a 4-engine-pod version of the 177 ? If you have a source about that, I may draw a Zwilling from her too... :)

Allan

Take two revell He-177's and a saw and

put it in your pocket and

you may never have children

top shelf model and I think I'll buy putty shares tomorrow

Allan

Swamphen

QuoteHas anyone tried making the four engined version that Heinkel wanted to build?
Do you mean a 4-engine-pod version of the 177 ?
Tophe,

The plane Froggy refers to is the four-engined He 277, which Heinkel built and flew against the RLM's orders...

Don't have any links, unfortunatly, but a Google should turn up some good stuff.

Tophe

You are very right, thank you.
How would you imagine to 'zwill" this one ? How many engines ? Tails connected or not ? One or two cockpits ?

Swamphen

Oh, say...seven engines (2+3+2), tails seperate, two cockpits (helpful if one side takes flak up the nose :blink: )...

Captain Canada

Sweet, Stevie.....great idea !

You'll have to box it up and ship to Matrixone, for testing and photos at his facility !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

elmayerle

QuoteOh, say...seven engines (2+3+2), tails seperate, two cockpits (helpful if one side takes flak up the nose :blink: )...
Most definitely!  Especially since there were some proposed versions with twin vertical tails on the tailplane tips.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Ollie

Very nice Aircav!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: