Superduper Hornet

Started by Gary, May 22, 2004, 08:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Ok, take two super hornets, Delta out the wing to increase load capability, Canard the nose, extend the cockpits for a total of 4 crew, Pilot, Nav/copilot, ECM officer, Weapons/Bomb aimer. Take off the guns, use the outter engine fairings and add a third engine inbetween, making  a nifty tunnel for fuel and thos noisy green thingys.

Whaddaya get
A Super Duper Hornet
Getting back into modeling

Gary

And for those of you who have yer own pencil crayons...
Getting back into modeling

Tophe

:wub:  Cheers and clapping hands, dear dreamer... :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

So when ya gunna build it?  ;)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Swamphen

:o  :D  :ph34r:  :wub:  :wub:   :cheers:

Would this be a FB-18?  Thanks for the "roll-your-own" image...off to the drawing board...mwahaha!  :dum:

Not sure if it would work, but what about "zwilling" the canard?

Scooterman

Can you push the fuselages/area between the engines together a bit more?  Looks a wee bit too wide in there.  Just a opinion.......

Still a super sweet concept!  I love it! :wub:  :wub:

So when do you start building it?!?  ;)

Brad

Tophe

As I am focused on older types, I have drawn a forefather : the Curtiss/Imwfo push-pull Assender... :wacko:  

John Howling Mouse

That's one sweet design, Tophe!

I'm still working towards figuring out your twin-boom B-29 (and I did buy an extra Academy 1:72 kit just for that!).

;)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Swamphen

IMWFO, mind if incorporate this design into my Universe 102 timeline?  B)

Here is the Mad Model Scientist's concept...bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!  :ar:

elmayerle

QuoteAs I am focused on older types, I have drawn a forefather : the Curtiss/Imwfo push-pull Assender... :wacko:
That one might be more stable that the original Curtiss design was (I know just how bad it was, I've reduced the original wind tunnel data for a graduate stability and control class *shudder*).
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Supertom

The sole surviving Ascender is sitting the the Kalamazoo Air Zoo (my old town - boy I miss Kalamazoo)'s restoration hanger, part of the Smithsonian's program to get as many aircraft restored as possible.  I managed to spend some time with the aircraft and it was amazing looking at a piece of aviation history.  If I go back up again I can grab some photos if anyone wants.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Mairfrog

Now, I may not have mentioned it before but F-18 bore me shitless, especially in grey. However, that thing is excellent!  :D  Take it to congress and get it built already.  ^_^

I do agree that the canard should be extended between the noses. Perhaps it should be swept too, like the original tail on the DH110.  

Tophe

QuoteI do agree that the canard should be extended between the noses. Perhaps it should be swept too, like the original tail on the DH110.
There is not much room between this internal foreplane that would be and the apex of the aft wing. I hope that Ing. Elmayerle will tell us : would it work ? :)

Besides, it is great to hear JHM announcing a twin-boom B-29 on the workbench... :D  

Tophe

Quotethe canard should be extended between the noses. Perhaps it should be swept too, like the original tail on the DH110.
Something like that ?

elmayerle

QuoteI do agree that the canard should be extended between the noses. Perhaps it should be swept too, like the original tail on the DH110.
There is not much room between this internal foreplane that would be and the apex of the aft wing. I hope that Ing. Elmayerle will tell us : would it work ? :)

Besides, it is great to hear JHM announcing a twin-boom B-29 on the workbench... :D
Are we discussing the Hornet variant or the Ascender variant.  The centerline intersection of the two leading edges is one I'd like to see the flow fields for.  As for the Ascender variant, I think I'd like to see the canard carried across there, it wouldn't hurt.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin