SSM Contest

Started by sotoolslinger, January 23, 2011, 05:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Old Wombat

Too late! I've side-lined my starfighter build & moved on to something "whiffier". :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

ChernayaAkula

In the link above, I liked the location of "Chacal":

"Location: Rio de Janeiro -- Like Fallujah, but with beaches and bikini-clad girls"

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

I wanted to enter that contest but could not understand the rules  :banghead: LOL so i skipped it which is good because I would not have finished on time anyway.

I will tell you this about that contest though... it seems like every entry is a gold medal, every ship i clicked on in the 'contest entries' section looked incredible. I can't believe all those entries are from the same contest, it looks like a "best of" from all over the web  :o  :o
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Old Wombat

There are a lot of seriously good modellers on SSM (I'm not one of them), most of whom have a really good attitude to modelling (it's a hobby, not a competition), but because they have chosen SF as their preferred subject they don't get seen too often outside SSM (although there are a few here, I notice :thumbsup:).

There was also a rather good discussion not long ago about the perceived differences between "Science Fiction" & "What If".
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Alvis 3.14159

And like every forum, there are some serious rivet counting overly serious people who can harsh my mellow there as well. Lots of good people, lots of great talent, and a few vocal complainers who view it as a competition, not a hobby.

Oh well.

Al

Atlantis

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 23, 2011, 11:46:54 PM
There are a lot of seriously good modellers on SSM (I'm not one of them), most of whom have a really good attitude to modelling (it's a hobby, not a competition), but because they have chosen SF as their preferred subject they don't get seen too often outside SSM (although there are a few here, I notice :thumbsup:).

:Raises hand: SSM'er that is.