Re-engined Arado E-555

Started by Aircav, May 22, 2004, 05:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

pinkys cross she should be finished for the Northern show
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Aircav

The engines are from a B-36  :P  

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Aircav

Ummm...the story....ummm
Well.......
I was going to do it Luftwaffe but while look in my decal box I spotted some Hungarian chevrons and with the shape of the wing they just seemed to be the natural chose.........she'll be lt blue overall with a grey upper ish.........

The story
The war ends without Russia staying in Hungary and with some drawings they found in one of the German aircraft factories they start to rebuild their airforce.
Hows that......

Steve
I just think she looks cool  B)

Sir Sydney Camm

matrixone

It looks VERY cool, thanks for sharing and hope you post pics of it when finished.

Matrixone  

lancer

Awsome Steve, truely awsome mate. It looks like the jet/undercart arrangement of the Horton HOXVIIIB Amerika Bomber. Can't wait to see the end result.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

QuoteUmmm...the story....ummm
Well.......
I was going to do it Luftwaffe but while look in my decal box I spotted so Hungarian chevrons and with the shape of the wing they just seemed to be the natural chose.........she'll be lt blue overall with a grey upper ish.........

The story
The war ends without Russia staying in Hungary and with some drawings they found in one of the German aircraft factories they start to rebuild their airforce.
Hows that......

Steve
I just think she looks cool  B)
Now thats what i call thinking on your feet LOL

Nice one Steve
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

John Howling Mouse

Yes, VERY cool, indeed!  Keep us posted with more in-progress shots, eh?!

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

oooh, very nice work.  Will look different in Hungarian markings too.

One day I'd like to do one as an RAF plane, in all white nuclear flash.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

Well here is some cockpit detail and if you're thinking they look like bullets your right, two 174 grain .303" FMJ's...............I stopped fullbore shooting and had to do something with the stuff I had left  ;)

Sir Sydney Camm

Aircav

And here is a closer look.

Sir Sydney Camm

lancer

Damm Steve, I never knew the AR555's had 'Bullet' fairings on 'em mate...... :lol:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :lol:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

F-32

Aircav

I've got the upper and lower half glued together now and the rudders fitted along with the undercarriage bay painted

Sir Sydney Camm