M-1A2+T-64+T-80 = T-83

Started by Taiidantomcat, January 16, 2011, 10:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Bad math, but also this! I was originally planning to put this on the Armorama What If GB but it fell well behind schedule, and I didn't even post a single pic!  :-\ I love the T-80 and T-64 and the Abrams of course so this is a natural for me. My backstory is that a frustrated Soviet tank designer looks at the new American Abrams and the old T-34 and realizes that the Russians have moved too far away from their roots of sloped armor. So a with a little copying (borrowing ;)) Of the Abrams style with soviet design results in the T-83:

this is supposed to represent an early version of the T-83, with new Kontakt 5 Reactive armor and side skirts retrofitted. The majority of Russian pieces are from a DML T-80U kit I got when I was 11(!) and has been scrapped along with removing the paint for spares. T-64 road wheels, sanded and adjusted to fit the abrams hull (All 28 of them  :banghead: ) T-64 Kontakt 5 from SP designs. There are some Challenger and T-72 pieces there as well too.
Still a lot of work to do, but finally to phase where I can show something!

:cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Army of One

This looks very promising........any idea on a colour scheme yet...??
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

ChernayaAkula

:bow: Brilliant!  :bow:
A very, very cool design.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Joe C-P

All hail the glorious Soviet design bureaus! It is well known that the Americanski M-1 was actually a copy of this great achievement of our superior engineering.

Commissar Iosef R
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

philp

Quote from: Army of One on January 16, 2011, 11:04:18 AM
This looks very promising........any idea on a colour scheme yet...??

Something Arabic or African would look cool.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Taiidantomcat

I Have been wavering on schemes... I have a weird "brain disconnect function," where If I don't know how I want to paint it at the end I quit working on it. Even though through a build i change my mind back and forth about a dozen times. I have been trying not to think of it on this build. I don't want to get ahead of myself

I saw a weird mustard/green/red brown scheme the soviet used for an exercise once

and there is the old soviet standby the 3 tone

But this is a whiff, which means I should not be bound on schemes... I will keep an eye out (feel free to post suggestions too)

Thanks for all the kind words!!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

GTX

Looks a bit like the Black Eagle tank:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

saintkatanalegacy

Ivylicious!™

Captain Canada

Very cool idea. Looks great with the extra armour.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jsport

Also a great model for displaying technical creativity.