M-1A2+T-64+T-80 = T-83

Started by Taiidantomcat, January 16, 2011, 10:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Bad math, but also this! I was originally planning to put this on the Armorama What If GB but it fell well behind schedule, and I didn't even post a single pic!  :-\ I love the T-80 and T-64 and the Abrams of course so this is a natural for me. My backstory is that a frustrated Soviet tank designer looks at the new American Abrams and the old T-34 and realizes that the Russians have moved too far away from their roots of sloped armor. So a with a little copying (borrowing ;)) Of the Abrams style with soviet design results in the T-83:

this is supposed to represent an early version of the T-83, with new Kontakt 5 Reactive armor and side skirts retrofitted. The majority of Russian pieces are from a DML T-80U kit I got when I was 11(!) and has been scrapped along with removing the paint for spares. T-64 road wheels, sanded and adjusted to fit the abrams hull (All 28 of them  :banghead: ) T-64 Kontakt 5 from SP designs. There are some Challenger and T-72 pieces there as well too.
Still a lot of work to do, but finally to phase where I can show something!

:cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Army of One

This looks very promising........any idea on a colour scheme yet...??
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

ChernayaAkula

:bow: Brilliant!  :bow:
A very, very cool design.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

JoeP

All hail the glorious Soviet design bureaus! It is well known that the Americanski M-1 was actually a copy of this great achievement of our superior engineering.

Commissar Iosef R
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

philp

Quote from: Army of One on January 16, 2011, 11:04:18 AM
This looks very promising........any idea on a colour scheme yet...??

Something Arabic or African would look cool.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Taiidantomcat

I Have been wavering on schemes... I have a weird "brain disconnect function," where If I don't know how I want to paint it at the end I quit working on it. Even though through a build i change my mind back and forth about a dozen times. I have been trying not to think of it on this build. I don't want to get ahead of myself

I saw a weird mustard/green/red brown scheme the soviet used for an exercise once

and there is the old soviet standby the 3 tone

But this is a whiff, which means I should not be bound on schemes... I will keep an eye out (feel free to post suggestions too)

Thanks for all the kind words!!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

GTX

Looks a bit like the Black Eagle tank:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

saintkatanalegacy

Ivylicious!™

Captain Canada

Very cool idea. Looks great with the extra armour.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jsport

Also a great model for displaying technical creativity.