1/144 TU-22M Backfire-B

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 15, 2011, 02:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

first completed build of the new year, this is a Tu-22M1, painted up in Leutonian Air Force markings.  ;D

the model is the old Revell 1/144 Tu-22M Backfire-B, i removed the huge anti-ship missile hardpoint from the centerline and replaced it with a new internal bombbay.
inside are 4 british standard 500lbs bombs, 2 indigenous 2000lbs JDAM copies and 1 5000lbs Thermobaric Bomb (repainted 1/72 MK.84, search google for FOAB for info).

the inside of the bombay is only half-arsed, i know, but i didnt have much modelling toime this week, and i have a lot of other projects going on (+stash reduction builds), but im gonna look at fitting some aditional bombs later to cover the big white spot  ;D

the only problem i had was the black paint for the landing gear, it comes of easely, guess its time to open up a new jar and repaint the tires  :-\
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

rickshaw

You do know, don't you that blue coloured munitions denote practice ones (ie inert)?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

pedrospe

Looks great nils,i know how hard it is to make models in smaller scales, good work on the weapons bay.

regards

Pedro

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

McColm