Chengdu Jian-10 Vigorous Dragon... from Libya

Started by sletch, January 14, 2011, 05:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sletch

Hi all,

Did you know that Libya just bought Chengdu J-10 Vigorous Dragon fighters in China  :blink: ? ... No  :unsure: ? ... Now you know  :mellow:

Here are some pics of the new Libyan fighter :

A bientot pour de nouvelles aventures  :ph34r:

CIAO / Frederic
Last finished!

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Henry Yeh

Absolutely love that camo scheme. :thumbsup: And glad you noticed that the Libyans use Westernized Indo-Arabic numerals instead of traditional ones.

Taiidantomcat

Great scheme and I like how the Green contrasts the Green National markings.  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

flappydaffy

hi sletch

nice to see your dragon here as well  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i started mine, soon pics available on figther ^^

c ya
julian

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

John Howling Mouse

Judging by the quality of this very fine example, I'd say Libya got a very good deal!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

pedrospe

Hi sletch, that is a cool model of the j-10, i don't see many j-10s on the forum and in the Libyan colours i think it is the first one i see, great work.

regards

Pedro

John Howling Mouse

Meant to ask: Sletch, what did you think of the kit itself?  I have a few in the stash and was wondering about fit, quality, etc.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

flappydaffy

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 15, 2011, 08:29:37 AM
Meant to ask: Sletch, what did you think of the kit itself?  I have a few in the stash and was wondering about fit, quality, etc.

just in case, you're interested, the building process can be found here

I won't say what I think about the adjustments, my mom told me: I you have nothing nice to say, than don't say nothing ^^ Regarding what I saw on the web, I would recomend the 1/48 kit instead (working on it right now)

c ya
julian

Army of One

Oh very nice colours there...great build.... :thumbsup: ...nice to see some opposition for my Maltese Air Defence force...........when I get round to making them......... ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

sletch

Good evening,

First, I that you very much for your kind comments :cheers:

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 15, 2011, 08:29:37 AM
Wow... you'd better don't ask  :rolleyes:

When you open the box, this kit seems to be very nice and easy to build :mellow: In fact, the nightmare begins as soon as your discover the amount of work needed to fit any part  :banghead:

Here are some examples :

Some kits are very pleasant to build  :thumbsup: This one was not  :-\

pedrospe says: "i don't see many j-10s on the forum". Now you can understand why  ;D

Bye / Frederic
Last finished!

Tophe

Nice model...
(is this Lybian contract a piece of smiling delirium? or a secret affair? or a possible future? or else?)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

sletch

Quote from: Tophe on January 16, 2011, 03:34:24 AM
Nice model... = Thank you very much  ;)
(is this Lybian contract:
* a piece of smiling delirium? =
or a secret affair? = 
or a possible future? =  :unsure:
or else? = =

;D / Frederic
Last finished!