London in the springtime?

Started by Nick, January 14, 2011, 01:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I'm just trying to gauge if anyone would be interested in this idea before making it a proper event. Let me know what you think please.

Sometime in March/April we have a get-together in London. We could start with a (free ;)) ride on the London Eye and then walk down to the Imperial War Museum (free) for a long afternoon of browsing, followed by a meal in a local pub or a curryhouse which I can recommend.

While work is closed we've had staff training in the conference rooms at the Imperial War Museum which gave me the chance to wander round one afternoon. The new Ashcroft Gallery is rather good with all the medals presented very nicely and you can read some of the stories via a large touchscreen cartoon, in the style of an oversized Commando story!

Howard of Effingham

i'd be happy with this one nick as i was thinking about a day trip to the smoke in march.
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Sounds a good idea Nick. Must admit however I do find the Imperial War Museum a shadow of its former self. Much preferred it in the 60's when it was crammed full with models and exhibits rather then the modern minimalist/electronic museum it is now

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

hmm sounds like a good idea to me. Havent been to the IWM since leaving school over 20 years ago.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

GTX

I would love to participate in something like this - maybe you could try for a similar thing in September when I plan to be back over there...???

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

lenny100

sounds intresting might be intrested depending on dates
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

philp

I am up for it.

Anyone want to cover my airfare?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kitbasher

Up for it in principle, subject to date.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

raafif

Yes !! -- very intersted ... but later in the year when I'm over there.

Rafif in Oz
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

PR19_Kit

If it was the right weekend in March, like the 19th/20th, we could combine it with the Southern Expo..........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Y'know Kit old chap, that's a rather good idea! It also appears that I have that weekend off too ;D

Does this work for anyone else?
Which would suit people better for the London day out, Saturday 19th or Sunday 20th March?

Consider that there will be no Tube from Hornchurch to central London (District Line closed for works) but more buses will be running. There may be works happening on mainline trains.

NARSES2

I'm ok for either. I go to Southern Expo by mainline fron Liverpool St to Romford and then grab a bus to the park the leisure centre is in. Easy peasy
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Nick

Check out the Upcoming Events page for the official plans. We're going ahead with this!

Army of One

Oh dear....! I'd loved to have popped along......N/D weekend...........shame.....if you do it again I will try n get time off if needed....team on minimum strength that weekend....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!