Loud Speaker/PA for Airfield Diorama Query

Started by Cobra, January 11, 2011, 10:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, With my Plans to do an ASR(Air Sea Rescue) Airfield Diorama, What would  Work for a Loud Speaker/P.A. for Hearing a Order or Sounding Rescue Alert? if I can get a Tape or CD for Sound,i want it look like the Sound is Coming From a PA/Loud Speaker. Any Ideas,Guys? Thanks For Looking.Dan

Hobbes

Even the smallest loudspeakers I can think of would be too large to actually build into a scale PA horn. You could place a small speaker into the ground near the horn. The easiest would be an unpowered speaker meant for connection to a headphones jack. 

Cobra

Hobbes, My plan is to set up a Speaker in a Hidden area on the Dio. I'm talking something like on Stingray, to Look like a PA Horn. Hope You understand.Dan

Captain Canada

Maybe a traffic cone from a kids toy car set ? Some old model bases are shaped like that as well. I think I have one from an old Bearcat model....as for the actual sound part, how about an ear bud and an mp3 player ? Those things cranked up, especially coming thru a small cone, would give off that muffled and funky loudspeaker tone.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Depends what scale the diorama is.

A company called Model scene make traffic cones for railway models:

http://www.scalerail.co.uk/product_details.php?category_id=90&item_id=1534

The red and white bits are separate, which means they form a set of handy cones.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones