MISTEL VII. KG 201

Started by PACOPEPE, January 08, 2011, 03:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PACOPEPE

Mistel VII, Me 262 VB (viermotorig-bomber)/Ar 377. Kampfgeschwader 201, on missions against soviet hydroelectric dams behind the Urals; spring of 1946.

Cheers
Fran

dumaniac

Fran - this is another nice start - is this 72 scale?

the jumo's look like resin - can't wait to see this one progress

PACOPEPE

Yes, the "Me 262 VB" comes from the Me 262 A-2a/U2 of MPM on 1/72 scale. The Ar 377 is the kit of Dragon (the original present on composite with He-162).

But, the really curious are the engines: they come from the rockets of the Me 262 Intercepter III of A+V Models (on resin), and they´ve been modified to jet engines.

All the best
Fran

John Howling Mouse

N i c e...looking forward to this.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

PACOPEPE

At last!. New pics of this.

I hope you like.

Regards
Fran

Pablo1965

Very interesting idea, your plane is one of the most powerfull Mistel that I ever seen. And the clear nose is a clever solution.
I like the V1 engines. I hope see the scheme soon.   :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Maverick

Very nice indeed.  Look forward to this one.

Regards,

Mav

tc2324

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

James

This is going to look ace.  :thumbsup:

dumaniac

Agreed - this is going to look ace

sequoiaranger

I assume that the tricycle trolley is the "take-off gear" and is discarded at the end of the runway as the Mistel takes off?? Seems that the trolley would get damaged travelling so fast and then being "un-steered" when it was released. Maybe there are brakes that are engaged automatically once the Mistel has taken off. I'm not sure, as a pilot, I would feel comfortable using a "used" trolley for my take-off!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sequoiaranger on October 20, 2011, 10:52:08 AM
I assume that the tricycle trolley is the "take-off gear" and is discarded at the end of the runway as the Mistel takes off?? Seems that the trolley would get damaged travelling so fast and then being "un-steered" when it was released. Maybe there are brakes that are engaged automatically once the Mistel has taken off. I'm not sure, as a pilot, I would feel comfortable using a "used" trolley for my take-off!

It's very similar to the take-off trolley the Ar-234A used, but with twin main wheels. When the Luftwaffe flew the Ar-234s they used a parachute that deployed as soon as the aircraft launched, and that slowed the trolley down in pretty much a straight line. This Mistel has the 'chute too, it's container is the box underneath the centre of the rear wheel axle in the third piccie down.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

flappydaffy

just awesome  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: the clear nose really sells it as a fighter-bomber  :ph34r:

PACOPEPE

Finished.

Fran