Hikoki: 1946. Japanese mistel

Started by PACOPEPE, January 03, 2011, 02:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PACOPEPE

An interesting composite of two advanced japanese projects: Yokosuka R2Y3/Kayaba Katsuodori.

Regards
Fran

Tophe

Weird! This seems impossible for Pacific 1946, is it Pacific 1949 dream? (or a serious unbuilt project of WW2 :blink: :unsure:) ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Taiidantomcat

Are these scratch built or from kits?
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

PACOPEPE

Tophe: well, one prototype of R2Y1 (piston engine) was built, and there were two projects with jet engine (of wich i send here pics). The Kayaba was one project too.

Taiidantomcat: The "R2Y3" comes from the kit of Fine molds of R2Y1. I´ve only modified the fuselage for mount the jet engine, and also the angle of the wings.
The Kayaba is a kit of Unicraft Models.

Regards
Fran

redstar72

Interesting! What kind of empennage will the R2Y3 have (or will it stay tailless)?
Best regards,
Soviet Aviation enthusiast

PACOPEPE

Yes, probably it will have a conventional tail.

Cheers
Fran

John Howling Mouse

How 'bout a cruciform tail, similar to some Gloster Meteors? (notice that I did not say my usual "T-tail"....my therapy is working). 
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

PACOPEPE

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 08, 2011, 11:52:46 AM
How 'bout a cruciform tail, similar to some Gloster Meteors? (notice that I did not say my usual "T-tail"....my therapy is working).  
JHM: at first i had thougt in a cruciform tail (near T), but after your question, i´ve finally decided to put it as T-tail.

Thanks for your comment.

Cheers
Fran

PACOPEPE

The "son"; near finish; only without decals and varnish.

Cheers
Fran

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

RussC

Excellent Katsudori ramjet ! Paired with a Keiun? Cool! Would work with a solid nosed Ki-67 too, there were Hiryu's with enormous shaped charge noses like the JU-88's had. Its interesting to think of a IJN counterpart like maybe a Kikka mounted over a P1y1 Ginga.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

PACOPEPE

Thanks to both. Yes, the mistels have many possibilities, specially in whiffie´s.

RussC: The japanese "mothers" you´ve mentioned are very interesting; particularly i like the suicide versions of both aircrafts (Ki-167 in the case of the Hiryu). Also the Ki-109 (heavy fighter version of the Hiryu).

Regards
Fran

dumaniac

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PACOPEPE

The son finished. Now i´m going to finish the mother; the Yokosuka R2Y3.

Cheers
Fran