My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

Thought I'd start the ball rolling with a very generous package from TSRJoe.

all 72nd:

Italeri F/A-18E
Airfix Hawk 127
Revell Flitzer
Amodel YP-59A

along with a bucket load of Finnish decals, a couple of modelling magazines and a brilliant hardcover book on the post-war Ilmavoimat!!

Many thanks Joe.

Regards,

Mav

Army of One

Pah.....!!!!! Not even 2011 yet.........no point in staying up now,up at 5am......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Daryl J.

Some more 1/48 MiG's for the never ending BiG MiG Project.   

-15UTI
-17PFU x 2
-17 afterburning Fresco C

:thumbsup:

Nigel Bunker

Just ordered a copy of Damien's TSR2 book - finally found a new copy on sale for under £25.00. Now just waiting for the postie to arrive with the book and also the Airfix E-3 I acquired via Britmodeller. The E-3 is due to be converted into a P-8 Poseidon, so anybody with spare cash should invest it in Milliput shares - I think I will be using a lot of it.

Update: Both arrived today, Friday 7th january, , so settling down for a read first before thinking about hacking plastic.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

thedarkmaster

Bit of a clear out at work

Revell Rotodyne
revell 1/72 Phantom f4f
Revell Avro RJ85
Revell 1/72 Tornado ECR

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

The Wooksta!

Kicked off this year's account with a boxfull of Matchbox Tempest bits and a resin Tempest cockpit.  All in the same package courtesy of Ebay.

1 down, 59 to go.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

pyro-manic

A small box from Hannants arrived today, containing some Aeroclub detail bits (F-101 landing gear and an engine for my Revell Bearcat) and Modeldecal #57, which has all manner of Royal Navy goodness as well as a French Alpha Jet.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

First additions to the stash in 2011:

Revell 1/72 C-160 Transall - with Revell releasing an updated/modified Trall later this year, the current boxing is on sale in some department stores for only a tenner!

Dragon 1/35 M1 Panther II mine clearing tank - apparently based on their recent Abrams series. For just 15 EUR, I couldn't say no. Thinking about whiffing it into a kind of US version of the Russian BMPT.

Also got a bunch of decals:
IsraDecal 1/72 F-16I Sufa
IsraDecal 1/72 F-16A/B Netz
IsraDecal 1/72 IAI Kfir in IAF service
IsraDecal 1/72 IAI Kfir in USMC & USN service
IsraDecal 1/48 F-15 A/B/C/D Baz
IsraDecal 1/48 Israeli AH-64D-I Saraf & US Army AH-64D Longbow
Astra Decals(DACO) 1/72 F/A-18F VFA-102 Diamondbacks
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Army of One

Finally gave in.........................Revell 1/48 Rafale two seater for just under a tenner......MZ sale.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on January 04, 2011, 04:55:29 PM

Revell 1/72 C-160 Transall - with Revell releasing an updated/modified Trall later this year, the current boxing is on sale in some department stores for only a tenner!

Is that the same moulds as the previous Heller Transall?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 06, 2011, 04:49:34 PM

I don't think so Kit, IIRC it's a new mould
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

pyro-manic

There was a Revell Transall in TX Maxx in Cardiff just before Christmas - I think it was £12. I was sorely tempted, but I'm trying to reduce the stash, and it's enormous so I wouldn't have space to store or display it.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 06, 2011, 04:56:18 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 06, 2011, 04:49:34 PM

I don't think so Kit, IIRC it's a new mould

Kitnut's right.  :thumbsup: It's Revell's own tool. A real looker. The decal sheet in this one's roughly 1.5 times A4. It hit the market in 2006. At least that's what it says on the box. Revell will discontinue this boxing and issue the same kit with a few add-ons later this year. IPMSDeutschland lists these add-ons as "EloKA/NG/Afghanistan". EloKA means electronic warfare, but I don't know whether this means we'll see the French EW variant or just some defence systems upgrades which were not on the original tooling (Luftwaffe Transalls received AN/AAR-54 missile approach warning systems). I figure it will be the latter. NG should see the addition of an IFR probe. Afghanistan probably means decals for Tralls used in Afghanistan.

With the Revell Rafale B sold at discount prices in the UK, it might be worth looking out for discounted Tralls as well. Don't think Pyro's was a one-off.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Gondor

Finally received the last of my ebay purchases from before Christmas, there was a mix up in the quantity sent.

1x 1/72 Tamiya Fw 190D-9 I now have enough to build all the versions I have thought of so far. Just need to get over this flu I have at the moment to be able to get back into building anything

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Howard of Effingham

yesterday......

1/72 airfix beaufighter
1/72 airfix hurricane IIC [new tool]

Keeper of George the Cat.