The Jetson's Space Car

Started by philp, December 30, 2010, 03:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

This started as a Blitzbau build over on UAMF but had a few (hah) issues so ended taking much longer than planned.  If interested, you can read about it here.

I finally finished the darned thing for my last build of 2010.

Sorry for the glare but it is snowing here again.  This makes 6 for the year and I am calling it good, till next year.

Que the credits...
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Ed S

Looking good!  A real blast from the past.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

John Howling Mouse

But, but, how did you manage to get everything to look so...perfect?!  I mean, it actually has that impossibly flawless, digital look you see in Pixar films these days.

Are the facial features some sort of decals?

Wow.

Seriously.  I don't think I could ever build and paint this well.

:bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

philp

Thanks guys, appreciate it.  The kit was nothing but trouble as far as the painting went (click on the uamf link in the first post to read all the fun).

JHM,
If you are talking about the figures, they come prepainted.  All I did was a little extra black in George and Astro's mouths as they just didn't look right.  Then a little black to separate the fingers on a couple and that was it.  The figures are pretty well done.  There are some mold lines but they are not that obvious.

I also have the Mystery Machine from Polar Lights but want to get the decals from CultTVman to use instead of the stickers in the kit.  Only comes with Shaggy and Scooby (no Daphne :banghead:) but still looks like fun.  Also have Herbie and Ecto 1 but need decals for them also.  Cult also has the Ecto ones but none for Herbie.  No figures for either of these.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

beowulf

didnt know Polar Lights had released this........like that a lot, dosnt show that you had problems  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

lancer

That is one serious gorgeous build Phil, nice one. also a good one to end the year on.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

thedarkmaster

Nice can't wait for that kit to hit the UK  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

lancer

One thing I always wondered about that car was where the boot (trunk ) was on it.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

philp

Quote from: lancer on January 02, 2011, 12:11:10 PM
One thing I always wondered about that car was where the boot (trunk ) was on it.

Didn't they just beam their purchases home?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: philp on January 02, 2011, 06:03:03 PM
Quote from: lancer on January 02, 2011, 12:11:10 PM

Didn't they just beam their purchases home?

But they didn't beam themselves to and from the store?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

philp

Where would the fun be with that?

Actually, been too long since I have seen a show though it does play on Cartoon Network here. 
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies