Our Japanese cousins

Started by Joe C-P, May 17, 2004, 01:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C-P

I can't read a lick of it, but there's a bunch of images of what-if planes, ships and even some armor under the various links on this page.

Site named Warbirds
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Aircav

Hey Joe,
Thats one hell of a site, loads of ideas. In the past I've never been that intrested in Japanese aircraft but now  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Thanks and all the best
Steve
:P  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Tophe

WON-DER-FUL !!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Several twin-boomers that I had never seen, an He-162 seaplane and so many other marvels...
I will contact my Japanese friend to understand more, even if he cannot translate all for everyone... BabelFish from Japanese to English gives an Error :(
Saving the pictures on our machine provides a first name for each drawing, but I hope to undestand more.
Thanks a lot, dear JoeP, I should come back here more often...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Ollie

Tophe, look at that, a radial-engined naval P-51!!!

:P  B)

Naval Mustang

Supertom

:blink:  @#$@$! FECKIN' SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Tophe

QuoteTophe, look at that, a radial-engined naval P-51!!!
Yes, I have seen this one, completing your own creations, Ollie... Alas, too late for my book Virtual Mustangs. Too bad.
(Last week I have also found 2 drawings missing in my collection, silhouettes before the NA-73-X : I had 2 of them, but not these 2 additionnal ones, different. Too bad also).

Tophe

QuoteSeveral twin-boomers that I had never seen
7 named C4K, nanpu, harpy, Ki69, hokai, enrai, godenk - I will see on the Net if I find something about them elsewhere...

Tophe

QuoteKi69 - I will see on the Net if I find something
The "real" Ki-69 was a long range Ki 67 from Nakajima or Misubishi, twin-engined but not twin-fuselage, so sad... The other names provide nothing, it seems they are completely fiction dreams. It would be nice to invite these Japanese dreamers among us, according to me. :)  

Aircav

I liked the look of this little baby, the Kawanishi D5K Dive-Bomber Keisei
Now somewhere in my stash is Whirlwind, fit a pair of new engines, alter the tail and fit a Me110 canopy  :P

http://www.warbirds.jp/kakuki/kyosaku/18ki...ki2/d5k.htm#lnr
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Tophe

Thanks a lot, dear Aircav, I had not seen this one and so I have checked the whole site again. Finding not less then 12 new twin-boomers! Happyness... :)
(Bf184,Ar112,Ar197,Ki-75,Ki-77,Ki-623, Sinsitei,14ib,16si,Shouhou,Senrai,Twinfire)

elmayerle

QuoteI liked the look of this little baby, the Kawanishi D5K Dive-Bomber Keisei
Now somewhere in my stash is Whirlwind, fit a pair of new engines, alter the tail and fit a Me110 canopy  :P

http://www.warbirds.jp/kakuki/kyosaku/18ki...ki2/d5k.htm#lnr
Now that one looks like you could come real close combining the canopy and cockpit of a Me110 with the first version XF5F-1 "Skyrocket".
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

QuoteI have checked the whole site again. Finding not less then 12 new twin-boomers!
Further checking and more surprises : 8 other twin-boomers!!! :rolleyes:
(Me266, Gassan, XF2M, SM77, DFS228, MF207, Sira, DB90)

Tophe

QuoteI have checked the whole site again. Finding not less then 12 new twin-boomers!
Further checking and more surprises : 8 other twin-boomers!!! :rolleyes:
Incredible, a last examination provided more and more twin-boomers (D4M1, D4M2, XP-76, XB-20). This site is a gold mine... Thanks again and again.