"Tomorrow: When the War Began" Dragon!

Started by pwagner, December 28, 2010, 11:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Weaver

Nicely done!  :thumbsup:

The J-10 is derived from the Israeli work that started with the Lavi.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

Superb job! :thumbsup:  :bow:

Maybe THIS PROFILE by our very own "Hammer" was your inspiration... ;)
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

John Howling Mouse

Another great paint scheme!  Love the jagged, darker edging.  I've really got to get bolder in my own scheme designs.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

pwagner

puddingwrestler

The books never specified or even hinted who was actually doing the invading, so your trouble at working it out from the film is hardly suprising.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

thedarkmaster

I saw the film last week and liked it a lot, it does give you the impression that it's the Chinease whom are invading even though it never actually says this.
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

rickshaw

Quote from: Weaver on December 29, 2010, 02:57:08 AM
Nicely done!  :thumbsup:

The J-10 is derived from the Israeli work that started with the Lavi.

This is the claim but apart from general configuration is there any actual proof of that?  If anything, the J10 is considerably larger than the Lavi - which IMO was always a marginal aircraft for any nation other than Israel as far as range was concerned.  Its shape is also significantly different.   I'd suggest that its more than likely influenced but not necessarily derived from the Lavi.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

TsrJoe

love the model, the scheme suits it too  :thumbsup:

Q re above post from Janes 'It is not possible to independently verify the Russian comments'

itd also be interesting to find out if any Lavi did leave Israel to China as claimed in the Janes piece? a source not usually reliable re such 'revelations' in hindsight iv found  :banghead:

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

rickshaw

"No names, no pack drill" as we used to say.

Alternatively as Mandy Rice-Davies once remarked, "They would say that, wouldn't they?"

There is no love lost between the Russians and the Chinese over aeronautical matters and that has only gotten worse over the last few years.   I'll reserve judgement.  Appears to me that the J-10 is a much more capable aircraft than the Lavi.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.