Started by GTX, April 14, 2010, 01:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

What about a VG Cougar?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Alternatively, what if the RAAF got the Cougar instead of the Avon Sabre?

Regards,

Greg

Weaver

Having bought a cheap old Revell B-57 and then discovered that it's 1/76th instead of 1/72nd (yes it is enough to make a difference), I can totally empathise Jeff.

My suggestion? Pick the least accurate one and scaleorama it into something totally different... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

That variable geometry set-up is rather interesting with the fixed portion also including the air intakes.

Maybe this design could be applied to a Sukhoi Fitter as well? Moving the intakes to the fixed portion of the wing could free up the nose for a big radar. F-105 intakes?  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

ajmadison

Considering the gently rounded profile of the thing, could you chop the edges of the wings and the tail feathers, put a squared off (vector) tail pipe on it, and call it a stealthy Cougar?  If you really want some work, you could rework the landing gear doors, and mod how the canopy attaches to the fuselage.

GTX

Quote from: apophenia on April 14, 2010, 12:32:10 PM
How about converting the 'non-standard' Revell Cougar into an AS-1 Kennel-style anti-shipping missile? (Being carrier launched, it could even been recoverable -- although you'd have to be brave to be on that flightdeck  ;D )

I like your thinking! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Greg

Daryl J.

Remember the glove vanes on early F-14's?   How about putting something similar on the Panther/Cougar along the trailing edge of the wing section behind the air intakes?    Why?   I have no idea.  :blink: :blink: :blink:

:cheers: (2008 Knob Creek which is much better than the 2009 post run out bottling)
Daryl J.

GTX

Quote from: apophenia on April 14, 2010, 12:32:10 PM
How about converting the 'non-standard' Revell Cougar into an AS-1 Kennel-style anti-shipping missile? (Being carrier launched, it could even been recoverable -- although you'd have to be brave to be on that flightdeck  ;D )

A drawing of the same:

Regards,

Greg