. . . And what did YOU get for Christmas?

Started by bobbo, December 26, 2010, 05:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

I got an airbrush.  An Aztek 320, not the greatest, but SWMBO wasn't aware of that, but I'm seriously happy!  (Next, I'm going to get myself a compressor!)

Thank you, dear!

Bobbo

Weaver

Relevant to modelling, The Flying Wings Secret projects book and a Whirlybirds Miles M.100 Student. :party: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Martin H

American secret projects- Bombers. The only aviation/model related item I got.

The family refuse point blank to buy me kits, unless I direct them to a certain model. Totally understandable considering the 1500 odd kits I have stashed in the loft.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

bobbo

Quote from: Martin H on December 26, 2010, 01:51:31 PM
American secret projects- Bombers. The only aviation/model related item I got.

The family refuse point blank to buy me kits, unless I direct them to a certain model. Totally understandable considering the 1500 odd kits I have stashed in the loft.

I still don't understand why they don't get you any kits! 

bobbo

Taiidantomcat

Nice books from Harpia press about rare air forces and a Turkmenistan AF decal sheet from lindenhill! Good stuff. First time in years I made no kit requests, and received none. (thats a good thing I have plenty.)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on December 26, 2010, 02:36:51 PM
<...> and a Turkmenistan AF decal sheet from lindenhill! <...>

No way!  :o That's eerie! I got the very same decal sheet!  :o

Apart form that:

Kits:
Academy 1/48 F-15I Ra'am
Trumpeter 1/48 J-10B
Hasegawa 1/48 AH-64D JASDF & IsraCast 1/48 AH-64D-I Saraf conversion set
Academy 1/35 CV9040B

Decals:
Linden Hill 1/72 Armenia
Aztec 1/72 Macho Mustangs I
DP Casper 1/72 Left Hook (Ethiopia & Eritrea 2001)

Books:
Mil Mi-24 Hind: Attack Helicopter by Yefim Gordon and Dmitriy Komissarov
Osprey F-16 in OIF
Osprey F-15E 1990-2005
Osprey AH-64 in OEF & OIF
Tankograd on Swedish CV9040s
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Army of One

We already know you peeked at the Hind book....... ;).....online enquiry.....pah..!!!! :lol:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

raafif

I was given a "Bah, Humbug"  :angry: & bought myself a Tamiya He-219 to do a He-419 anti-ship bird with big missile underneath.
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

Army of One

Falcon....how much for the Revell F16's.....are they any good?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

pyro-manic

No models for me. But I have bought myself a couple of mecha kits on evilbay, which should show up soon.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Cliffy B

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 26, 2010, 05:39:35 PM
Quote from: Army of One on December 26, 2010, 04:50:18 PM
<...> the Revell F16's.....are they any good?

The best there are, bar none!  :thumbsup:

Take a look at the instruction sheet for a peak at the contents.
http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=203&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP=10&KGSCHL=25&L=1&page=1&sort=0&nc=&searchactive=&q=f-16&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=84bc6a370e16a18f5adf74f94fb2cd28&KZSLPG=&offset=1&cmd=show&ARARTN=04355&sp=1

As for my loot, I didn't actually get anything model related but I got plenty of the green stuff so.....  :wacko:  Currently we have around 14" of snow and its still falling!  Won't stop until sometime tomorrow night so who knows what the final total will be.  They foretasted 8".......... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  The whole city is shut down for a few days indeed.  SE Virginia is not used to this much white stuff, that's for sure  :blink:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

ChrisF

I got nothing model related but then i got a compressor and Airfix's 1:48th Douglas Bader spitfire for my birthday which was only the end of Sept..

Still didn't stop me ordering DamienB's TSR2 book late on Xmas day.. (Since no one bought it for me  ;D)

FAR148

My second 1:48 Hasegawa TA-4J Skyhawk  ;D

Steven L   :cheers:

Gondor

Quote from: Falcon on December 27, 2010, 02:00:54 AM
Quote from: Army of One on December 26, 2010, 04:50:18 PM
Falcon....how much for the Revell F16's.....are they any good?

The Revell F-16B's are £4.99 each at the mo. Each kit appears to have 2 sets of transparencies but both are for the 2 seater. They are great kits too.

If I had known they were going to have a sale and sell the two seater at that price I would have held off buying one a week ago.

Only got Damien's book for Xmas..... though I am expecting the 1/48 Sea Vixen for my birth day next week.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....