What I did at breaktime...

Started by matrixone, May 16, 2004, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

While waiting for some paint to dry I needed to get some fresh air so I got out the camera and took some more test pics.

This first picture is of a kit I built years ago, the very old kit of the Bf 110 G-4 nightfighter in 1/72 scale. The model was painted freehand using the Badger 150 with the finehead assembly. Paints used are ModelMaster enamels.

This picture is some Luft 46 aircraft on the left and some broken eagles on the right.

By the end of this month my hours at work should get back to normal and I should be able to make some real progress on the photobase then.

Matrixone

Gary

Vot's zat on zee horizon...  Mein Gott, Typhoons!

Man zee anti-aircraft guns... Snell snell!

You can almost see the rockets leaving the rails and the big grins on the British pilots faces!

Getting back into modeling

matrixone

Just wait untill I get my panzer Ostwind and Wirbelwind added to my airfield! :D

Matrixone

Captain Canada

That'll be cool when you add some AA guns !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

There's a whirblewind at the museum in CFB Borden, which I might be heading to this weekend....

Anybody else ever been there ? It's awesome......too many tanks to mention !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gary

Did my Airframes tec there in '78. Loved the tanks, but sadly they were zipped up. Weilded shut. :(  
Getting back into modeling

Captain Canada

QuoteDid my Airframes tec there in '78. Loved the tanks, but sadly they were zipped up. Weilded shut. :(
Cool....I was a 'brat' there from 70-81, then we moved to Angus 'till '86.

Get any photos while you were there ?

Ah, the good old days...... :wub:

And one or two tanks weren't completely sealed...we managed to climb into a few !

They've taken a few of the older WWI jobs inside now, to save them from the elements and for refurbishment.

Cheers !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

matrixone

Thanks Captain Canada and Wooksta!

I think I will stick with the Ostwind and Wirbelwind as far as the AA is concerned, most of my models will be from the mid to late war time frame with a few 1946 types from time to time.
There are also late war prototypes I plan to make as well such as the BV 155 and a few rare Fw 190 D types.

Matrixone

matrixone

Wooksta,

Thank you for the information about the late model Fw 190 D types, when I build them I plan on painting them as aircraft that had been used in combat in the closing days of the war instead of the prototype camo and markings which sometimes is not that interesting to look at.

Matrixone  

nev

That last photo, the linies looking into the Dorniers cockpit look quite realistic ie not "posed" as do so many figures in aircraft dioramas.  Good job.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

matrixone

Thanks nev!

I am working on two sets of figures right now, one in 1/72 and the other in 1/48.
They will give me more options in picture taking.

Matrixone

NARSES2

QuoteThat last photo, the linies looking into the Dorniers cockpit look quite realistic ie not "posed" as do so many figures in aircraft dioramas.  Good job.
Absolutley Nev - it alway's tend's to be the figures that "spoil" (not the right word)things - but the ones on the Do look incredibly realistic. I think the real skill lies in that you don't actually notice them imediately, they are just part of the scene - as they should be. Incredible.

As for a Flak Panzer Coelin - someone (probably Dragon) has a 1/72 listed for this year

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

NARSES2,

Right from the start it was my plan to have any ground crew, AA, buildings, damaged airplanes and ground vehicles as decorations to help add realism to whatever model I may be photographing at the time.

Thank you for the info about the Flak Panzer Coelin, I build only airplanes and know very little about armor.

Matrixone

NARSES2

QuoteNARSES2,

Right from the start it was my plan to have any ground crew, AA, buildings, damaged airplanes and ground vehicles as decorations to help add realism to whatever model I may be photographing at the time.

And you have succeded brilliantly - well done

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks NARSES2!

I will have to get busy and build some new airplanes to photograph to try out my ideas for this photobase. Everything photographed so far are older builds.

Matrixone