This year's love

Started by The Wooksta!, December 16, 2010, 04:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

You know, I think it's becoming traditional for me to do a Blenheim for Telford.  I did a PR.I in 2005, a far east Mk If with bombs in 2006 and a Maltese based If a year later.

This year, I wanted something colourful.  Remembering that there were some Spitfires used for dis-similar combat training, I decided to do something similar.  What if the RAF had gone more for this idea?  The Blenheim was often mistaken for the Ju 88 and I had one that I'd removed the turret from.  Spinners for the props and it should have a decent turn of speed, something a bit more of an edge for the rookies to face off against.

So, D-Dougal gets the standard day fighter scheme, never worn by Blenheims - at least not the I - with Sky band and yellow leading edges.

This is one I loved doing.  Except for the u/c doors, but thenthey're always a pain.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Yes, there's something about a Blenheim I, the IV just isn't there somehow.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

Stop it! You're making us look bad with all these finished projects!  ;D

I like your 'subtle whif' style.

JayBee

D - Dougal?

Lee, I am sure the rest of us would love to see the rest of your WhIf phonetic alphabet.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

The Wooksta!

Oddball unit operating from an isolated base in Scotland doing things a different way.  All part of the dis-similar thing.  The other two Blenheims, are J-Jack and T-Ted.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

chrisonord

Is there going to be a M for Mrs Doyle??  or a B for Bishop Brennan?? :drink:...... :drink:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Nice one Lee! :thumbsup:

I like you're subtle whiffs too, not least because a) you need to really know what you're talking about to make them, and b) other people need to really know what they're talking about to appreciate them.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Taiidantomcat

Not a Blenheim expert myself but that looks wonderful  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

kitbasher

Quote from: chrisonord on December 17, 2010, 08:28:01 AM
Is there going to be a M for Mrs Doyle??  or a B for Bishop Brennan?? :drink:...... :drink:
Chris.
It'd be L for Len, surely?
And there has to be a T for Todd Unctious.
And maybe a D2 for Damian O'Lennon?
Gowaan, gowaan, gowaan, gowaan, gowaan, gowaan, gowaan.
;D ;D

PS - oh yes - very nice - and very different - Blenheim Lee.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Next year I think it'll be most likely an RAAF one with the US engines that they used on the Beaufort or a clapped out one used as a communications aircraft in the far east.

But I do like the idea of an Indian one as a trainer or target tug - that's a thought...  Or possibly Isreali, salvaged from a scrap dump.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: