Tempest with a Difference - Part 4

Started by The Wooksta!, December 16, 2010, 03:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Another one of my more recent completed builds.

The starting point being a Smer Tempest V, this is another Tempest FVII with the RR Eagle engine.  I'd wanted to do a far east example but decided to think it through more.  The Tempest VI had featured root intakes for more cooling in tropical climates, so I decided to do something similar.  A mould provided by TsrJoe gave me the answer as it had the Tempest VI root intakes, soI cast a pair of the smaller one an did the requisite wing mods. Again, this features a Wyvern prop.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

pyro-manic

I think this is my favourite of your recent batch of posts - this one just looks mean. :wacko: Is the engine a resin part?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

kitbasher

Another very nice Tempest, Lee.  Looking forward to joining the P1027 club myself next year - and I think as you've conquered Tempestwhifland I may have a go at an Eagle Fury just to be a little different.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: pyro-manic on December 18, 2010, 12:55:05 AM
I think this is my favourite of your recent batch of posts - this one just looks mean. :wacko: Is the engine a resin part?

Yes.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sideshowbob9

The Wooksta!

I'm thinking about another one with the root intakes, but in that micey desert scheme used post war.  Probably with bombs and a tiny star of David kill marking under the cockpit...

That's a thing - does anyone do them?

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: