Models "in a high state of possibility"

Started by John Howling Mouse, December 04, 2010, 09:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

So, this is something many of us can relate to: models that we've put a lot of time and effort into but they're simply not progressing for various reasons (read: excuses). Maybe it's time we each post our own collage of models that are coming along (for YEARS, in some cases, eh?) but need a nudge to get going again?

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

GTX

Thanks for reminding me - maybe it is time to do a revisit of the Phoenix GB!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

PR19_Kit

I doubt there's enough bandwidth available for a comprehensive review, and that's just MINE!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

That's a good idea, now how the heck do I make a collage ??  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Maybe I should just post a link to pictures of my modelling room and be done with it rather than pictures of the models that I have started but not completed !!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

Quote from: Gondor on December 05, 2010, 06:43:35 AM
Maybe I should just post a link to pictures of my modelling room and be done with it rather than pictures of the models that I have started but not completed !!

Gondor

That would also work for my work bench up in the loft.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

JayBee

Too big. Too much information. Too many numbers. Too much bandwidth. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

monkeyhanger

I have the same problem, or is it a problem? I just find that I like to have several projects "cooking" and pick them up or put them down as I please. I'm still on with the Defiant variants, but it is the Meteor stuff that I find the most interesting right now. And by the looks of things you have quite a few interesting projects on the go...............
If this is Upper Silesia, one can only wonder what Lower Silesia is like.

Hobbes

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 05, 2010, 01:24:08 AM

You could do an analogue collage instead: place all of your projects on a table and take a photo.

philp

JHM,
So of those I remember but many I don't ever recall seeing, Husky, Viggens, Tanks (that one looks close, do it first), an A-4 and Panther mix and several of those other ones.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 05, 2010, 01:24:08 AM

This is a very good starting point for free online photo-editing software:

http://www.brighthub.com/multimedia/photography/articles/4488.aspx

Pablo1965

I need to see the T-28 finished. Please be charitable with this old man.  :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Pablo1965 on December 05, 2010, 03:57:22 PM
I need to see the T-28 finished. Please be charitable with this old man.  :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

It's coming, mon ami.  Canopy masking tonight then hit it with first coat of primer and see what that finish is like.

[Edit: just attached the canopy pieces and the aft one is under a lot of pressure and keeps wanting to pop out of their 1950's style locating holes.
I'd rather not cut the pins as they're the only thing holding the canopy to the correct width. And there are plenty of gaps between the clear pieces which I'm filling with Microscale's Kristal Klear window maker.   So, it's sitting tightly under strong tape overnight.  No canopy masking for painting tonight]

I've got a bad cold which is terrible for the gym  :-\ but great for building models.  :thumbsup:  

Eddie M.

I'll start getting mine together, but mine can probably squeeze into one frame. =-)
Look behind you!

Weaver

Can't do the montage bit, but here's my hall of shame:

EDIT: discovered that Photobucket has a montage tool, but they call it "collage":

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '