Main Menu

MiG GB

Started by GTX, December 03, 2010, 09:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Folks,

We've had suggestions for a number of 'manufacturers' GBs (e.g. Grumman), let's add MiG to the list - plenty of fuel for ideas...here for one:

MiG - A Canadian Success Story!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Old Wombat

That, GTX old son, was a fun read!

Being ex-RAN FAA, myself (VS-851 Grumman S-2E/G Trackers... the mighty Grey Grumblies!), it was a hoot to see those 805 & 724 Sqn MiG's.

Cheers,

Guy.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Daryl J.

There should be two Revell 1/48 MiG-25's arriving in the next day or so on Ye Proppore Dooresteppe for the express purpose of a cut and paste project creating one kit from the two making something unique that is most MiGgly.    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:cheers: (Earl Grey tea, cream, sugar as it's cold and pouring rain outside),
Daryl J.

Army of One

Daryl.....are they re boxed by Revell..? Any idea what they like in the box..??......I like the idea of this thread....may even get my finger out and make one........Indian Mig 31 is favourite at the moment.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

wacek85

I'd like to start in this GB but let me ask you sth...the subject of this GB MUST be a Mig ? Or I can take an YF-19 from Macross (for example) and convert it into a next version of Mig-31 Firefox C ? :)

Daryl J.

A of O, they are the Monogram kit reissued.   As the kit was tooled before true measurements were known, the kit is already well set up for a spurious machine designed by Mikoyan's finest.  Prior to the merger of R/M, an official from Monogram wrote a note on Hyperscale that the tooling still existed in good condition  but for numerous reasons, it would be unlikely that it would ever be rereleased.   I'm pretty happy to see it's reissue to say the least as I'd missed it first time around.    

[Edit]   In the same order is the iffy Revell MiG-21PF also being reserved for the same purpose.   The simplistic nature of the kit lends itself better to whiffery than the better detailed Academy kit as there's to be significant revisions throughout.    I love raised panel lines.    :drink: :drink:

:cheers:
Daryl J.

GTX

Quote from: wacek85 on December 10, 2010, 02:43:34 PM
I'd like to start in this GB but let me ask you sth...the subject of this GB MUST be a Mig ? Or I can take an YF-19 from Macross (for example) and convert it into a next version of Mig-31 Firefox C ? :)
That might be acceptable...if I were the mod.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Fulcrum

hmmm... Mig-29M's FTW!!!
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

wacek85

Quote from: GTX on December 10, 2010, 07:40:41 PM
That might be acceptable...if I were the mod.

[/quote]

If this will be accepted, I'm in :) WHIFF story in progress :)

Daryl J.

MiG themselves had so many flying prototypes that are very interesting.    If I had JHM's PSR skills, I think my modeling life would consist of MiG's one-off's.