twin-engined A-7 ...

Started by Deino, May 12, 2004, 02:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deino

Here are the promised pictures ... If You need bigger scans, then mail me a PM !!

Deino  :lol:
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Deino

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

retro_seventies

DEINO!!

i think i love you man.

any chance that you could send me some bigger ones at

retro_seventies@yahoo.com

- if you could that would be great.

imagine a crusader with shoulder mounted vg wings, a beefier radar and that fat arse in israeli colours.

makes you glad you're not a libyan/syrian/egyptian, eh?

thanks again mate...thank you thank you thank you!
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

elmayerle

Well, Vought couldn't find me any drawings of this one, but they did give me a project number, V-529 and a color print of the artist's conception pic:

For those who wish more, a higher resolution scan is at: http://www.fur-haven.com/~cateagle/arrow_e...29%20hi-res.jpg

Now I need to sit down with this info and some F-8 drawings and start doodling.  *G* I suspect a twin-F404-powered F-8 would have had a chance in Congress in the late '70's since the F404 was/is produced in Teddy Kennedy's home state and "Tip" O'Neill's (then Speaker of the House) district.

If needed, I can do a higher resolution scan for sending by email.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Aircav

Sort of reminds me of a Shark patrolling the bottom of the seabed
Cool!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :ph34r:  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Keith Diamond

Now that is pretty damn cool.   :) I never knew they had even considered something like that with the A-7.
Man, we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a poo-poo.

Ollie

Whoa, the A-7 is now a fat-bottomed girl!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

nev

Thanks for that Evan, she looks much more purposeful than the vanilla A-7 IMO.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Keith Diamond

QuoteWhoa, the A-7 is now a fat-bottomed girl!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
:lol:
The guy who thought of that idea was obviously an donkey man.
Man, we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a poo-poo.

Tophe

QuoteWhoa, the A-7 is now a fat-bottomed girl!!!
bottom-bottom... have you seen what I did ? (the plastic model has been broken changing appartment 4 years ago)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

Rocket powered?

She looks very cute  :wub:  

retro_seventies

evan - don't think i've forgotten about this one!

i've got a couple of a-7e's off the sprues and cleaned up ready to make an raf version of this...i just wish that i would get into gear and build it!

can't wait until the house is finally built and i get my own room to build in...THEN i'll get something done!
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Tophe

QuoteRocket powered?
In my dreams, there is no engine nor mechanics. Just hot gas going out of the pipe, for no reason... No need of fuel. Just a dream :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]